This might be a rules violation, but I just had to share.
Background: I'm selling a guitar, this guy offers a Spider III 75W as trade. I tell him I need cash for a new amp that I'm buying. This is his response:

"The Line 6 Spider I mentioned IS an Amp .....if you never heard one you really need to go to Guitar Center & give it a test run....it's is absolutely freakin' insane & mine is new (in Box)....if your a "Tube" snob (no offense)...you'll be amazed at the Tone (& volume-75 watts) not to mention the 400 amp/effects presets...say goodbye to 60 pounds of Pedals.....trust me....it would be very good Trade."

Wow, eh?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.

excellent.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
LMAO!!!!!

Priceless xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Its a sad fact, but some people are in love with their Spiders. Those players normally are newbies or have no ear for tone. Go tell him to compare the preset on a Line 6 of a JCM or a Mesa Rec, and compare it to a real one.
^ exactly. the correct response to anyone selling you something who says it's amazing is, "then why are you getting rid of it?"

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

Wow.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Update: I sent him a nice snide response about how his amp sucked (and I've owned them)
Here's what he said:
"ahhhhh.....you are a Tube Snob after all.....why did you ever want to contaminate Your Mesa Express by plugging that Mexican piece of Crap into it ....what were you thinking ???? .....and what was I thinking ????.....'cause your your Mex Tele sells for over 10 times the Price of my Spider...right ?.....no problem.....I'm sure someone is buying your highly sought after (hand made) Tele as we speak. "

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Update: I sent him a nice snide response about how his amp sucked (and I've owned them)
Here's what he said:
"ahhhhh.....you are a Tube Snob after all.....why did you ever want to contaminate Your Mesa Express by plugging that Mexican piece of Crap into it ....what were you thinking ???? .....and what was I thinking ????.....'cause your your Mex Tele sells for over 10 times the Price of my Spider...right ?.....no problem.....I'm sure someone is buying your highly sought after (hand made) Tele as we speak. "

Saw that one coming.

Out of interest, how's the Pro for recording? I'm thinking about a 'top and I've got a Mac, so, yeah if you could...
Lol what a dork.
Send him a link to this thread.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Don_Humpador

Saw that one coming.

Out of interest, how's the Pro for recording? I'm thinking about a 'top and I've got a Mac, so, yeah if you could...

It's absolutely great. I love it. It helps to have the right interface, etc. You can't touch it for "affordable" home recording.

Don't judge me.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Lol what a dork.
Send him a link to this thread.

This.

Thanks for the word up on the Macbook, it looks a great package.. But it's £200($400) more over here than in the US, which is pretty disappointing. Not sure I can realistically afford to shell that out for essentially something i've already got, but with the portability. Hm.
what's wrong with that? he's clearly trying to get rid of it/get a good deal, since he thinks you aren't knowledgeable about amps and such. i'd do the same.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
^Its just short of a scam.

Tube snob? Lol. More like a "I think spiders/mgs/flexwaves/frontmans are crap amps that are a huge waste of money snob"
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by xwearesinking
what's wrong with that? he's clearly trying to get rid of it/get a good deal, since he thinks you aren't knowledgeable about amps and such. i'd do the same.

haha. my issue is that half of that came after I told him I was buying an Orange TT to run in stereo with my Mesa Express. Which means that I at least have some sort of obvious knowledge. And I'm pretty sure he has none.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Its just short of a scam.

Tube snob? Lol. More like a "I think spiders/mgs/flexwaves/frontmans are crap amps that are a huge waste of money snob"

Amen. I'm completely open to people having their own opinions on amps, but I know you know nothing if you think those are good amps. And I'd really appreciate it if people wouldn't try to convince me that their spider is a gift from Buddha.

Don't judge me.
So now since people are proud of Line 6 Spider's and Marshal MG's the new defense against those few is "Well you just have no idea what tone is."

lol. Feeling better?

*EDIT*

Although I defend people's ability to choose their own sound, I refuse to defend the quality of an MG amplifier. They really are sub-sub-sub-standard amplifiers.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Last edited by `digitaL.braVo at Sep 12, 2008,
well, i closed the other one so im going to close this one. other was closed for being stupid, this one is being closed so i dont look like im playing favorites.