where on the acoustic? the heel of the neck? putting a strap pin on the hell of the neck can be tricky. if you don't do it right then you may end up splitting the wood at the heel, which is never a good thing. it should be a pretty quick and easy installation at any guitar shop. the pin costs like $1 and the 10 minutes of work is definitely $10 or under.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
where on the acoustic? the heel of the neck? putting a strap pin on the hell of the neck can be tricky. if you don't do it right then you may end up splitting the wood at the heel, which is never a good thing. it should be a pretty quick and easy installation at any guitar shop. the pin costs like $1 and the 10 minutes of work is definitely $10 or under.

Yeah I know it is a risky deal, but I will do it exactly as I am told once I find the instructions. Thanks for the tip about the guitar shop.

(Does anyone make an acoustic with the strap pin pre-installed? )
I just had a strap pin installed in my acoustic - total cost = $11.50

If I am not mistaken, I think that some of the Taylor guitars come with this pin already installed.
my breedlove has the stap button pre-installed.

but yeah, just take it to a shop for something like that. Doing it wrong could have some very bad results, so it's worth the small amount of money to get it done profesionally, IMO.