me and my band have a problem... well lets start off with the good.

I am a huge Metallica fan, and my rhythm guitarist likes black sabath. we have worked together and really have it going for us.

and then there is my drummer. he refuses to play anything else beside music such as slipknot and disturbed. i have tried working with him on numerous occasions.most of his comments are "why isnt your guitar tuned lower?" im about to ditch his ass and pray...

pray because there are no other musicians in my area (rock hill, south carolina)

he wont budge, and he has no talent. he thinks that awsome is beating on the drums as fast as you can. please help and leave comments. ive got to go
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
Well since your both acting like jerks - it sounds like - why not just discuss it with the proviso being if he doesnt want to expand his musical knowledge, then dump hid ass :P
Get him to listen to some other good music without guitars that low. Mastodon and Dance gavin Dance have amazing drumming, and amazing music, without having guitars tuned to Drop B or F. Otherwise, let him go.
id drop him, and put a few ads up for a new drummer in your local music shops, you'd be suprised how many musicians around your area will be into getting into ur type of music n being 100% focused
talk to him like a mature adult? make a compromise? like tuning a step down if he plays some good drums once in a while
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Yeh i have to agree with Zepplin on this one, if you have musical differences now then i doubt it will get better. Id cut your losses and advertise for a new drummer. Chances are there is a really good drummer out there who has just never had to the chance to play with other people.
I personally prefer standard tuning, even for metal, but If I was you' I'd compromise and instead of going uber low, just go drop D.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

you said yourself he has no talent... why the hell did you let him join the band in the first place?
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Sounds like this guy should be into Napalm Death and Pig Destroyer.
Quote by yao151

he wont budge,

And neither will you, by the sounds of things. Nobody wins.

Compromise, or dump him.... or compromise, or he'll dump you.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
i took him in to our band because he is my friend (before we played music).

the whole "just talk to him" doesnt work. it's just "slipknot or nothing"

the happy medium thing is a half way answer. i am good at writing music in standard. therefore i tuned my guitar down to D standard, but his attitude is like"you went that low why not go further?"

i was a little on a rampage about how he plays though. he is half decent. he can play a good bit of metallica(or he says he can) but no slipknot. so on that i apologize.we are constantly on him to slow down his drums though. he tries to put 16th notes on the high hat behind everything we write, or he just goes crazy on double bass.
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
Last edited by yao151 at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by axemanchris
And neither will you, by the sounds of things. Nobody wins.

Compromise, or dump him.... or compromise, or he'll dump you.

CT

Agreed, either that or buy him one of those 'electric shock' training collars.

Most of these threads about arguments between band members can be summed up under one title 'How can I make him/them agree with me?' and the fact is, you can't. Everyone has their own opinion, whether thats a narrow view or not, so the only option is compromise, if either one of you or neither of you is willing to compromise, it's just not gonna work
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Agreed, either that or buy him one of those 'electric shock' training collars.

Most of these threads about arguments between band members can be summed up under one title 'How can I make him/them agree with me?' and the fact is, you can't. Everyone has their own opinion, whether thats a narrow view or not, so the only option is compromise, if either one of you or neither of you is willing to compromise, it's just not gonna work

lol thanks for the advice, last night i went to hang out with him, and i think that we have came to an agreement. thanks for everyones comments.
Quote by EbEar

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
Tune a step down and play everything you wrote 1 step up. Showed him didn't you?
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
man i say ppl should stop putting up threads like these because no matter how you explain yourselves on them someone will yell at you! i posted something like this about my bassist,and the insults flew like birds at me.