Suggestions? To be used with a Crate V33H, and possibly a Epi Valve Senior in the future.

Genre: Teh Bl00z
Budget: up to 200 USD.

REASON FOR THE LOW BUDGET AND WHY I'M NOT GONNA GO OVER: I just found an amp in my shed, any idea how to use it?

But for realz, I just ordered a V33 head and need a cab.
definitely avatar cabs. they are only about 235
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
You could go with a 1x12 avatar...

Other than that, I guess order the matching 2x12 crate V series cab.
I was gonna buy one, but I rather get something nicer in the long run.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'd get the Crate one as a temporary measure, which allows you to choose your own pair of speakers later on, and keep the aesthetics... Which for me is a factor
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by jof1029

Is there anything better than that in that range?

Hm...

Me thinks I might just get the cheap cab and the grab an Orange cab or something next month.
What kind of speakers come in the Palomino V32 cab? If anyone knows?
I think they're just stock Crate speakers, as in the combos? They're average... You'll get sound though, and it'll sound alright.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Gooleys asking for advice? I thought you knew everything abut guitar.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Sep 12, 2008,
product manual
 It is then loaded with two custom designed 12" ceramic magnet speakers.

little bit of research helps...

EDIT: it actually took longer to get this post to look somewhat right than it did to find the info. did anyone know you cant use a link as the name of the person you are quoting?
Quote by jof1029
product manual

EDIT: it actually took longer to get this post to look somewhat right than it did to find the info. did anyone know you cant use a link as the name of the person you are quoting?

No I didn't. Sorry for not looking myself, I feel like a n00b.

Anyway...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/834825692.html

Is this a fair price?
Avatar is usually the budget option... I'm not really sure if you'll be able to get anything good for $200...

A pair of good speakers by themselves cost about $200 or over and a good 2x12 cabinet that has the bass resonse you'll want for "t3h Br00t4lz" by itself cost at least about $200-300...

i know you probably don't want to go over, but honestly, spend $200 on a POS cab now, $10000000 says you'll be looking for a new one not too far down the line.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by mcrfobtai
"Custom Design" always makes me cringe. I suppose the Crate cab is decent. Obviously Avatar is the best choice

yeah, the custom design thing usually makes me think twice, but then again its like a $350 cab (and thats not even list) going for like 1/3 price. so i figure the actual thing is built solidly enough even if the speakers arent great. which just means you upgrade the speakers in a couple months one at a time with really nice speakers. then you have a solidly built cab that was cheap with the speakers you want in it. heck thats why im considering getting one of those, just to replace the speakers.
Quote by al112987
Avatar is usually the budget option... I'm not really sure if you'll be able to get anything good for $200...

A pair of good speakers by themselves cost about $200 or over and a good 2x12 cabinet that has the bass resonse you'll want for "t3h Br00t4lz" by itself cost at least about $200-300...

i know you probably don't want to go over, but honestly, spend $200 on a POS cab now, $10000000 says you'll be looking for a new one not too far down the line.

I had the feeling that was the case. That said, I have a full tube amp head sitting on a chair in my bedroom.

Also, why the hell would I want to play teh br00tz?
Yeah, I am thinking of going for the 2x12 cab myself for my CBB.
Does anyone know how long this sale is going on for?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by jof1029
product manual

what do you mean - you couldn't name the link 'imgooley'?

that is interesting.

imgooley - i know you were looking for a new head () and settled on this one but what was the purpose again? Because it was on sale or what. I guess if you can't stretch and get a good cab now then get the crate as you might be able to sell both more easily later...and it will look better to MrCarrot's points.

just my 2 cents
It's still going on but it's been on for a while so I'd hurry up and Jof, I forgot that it is usually more expensive. So it probably is a good idea. Plus it'll look pretty damn sweet together
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
what do you mean - you couldn't name the link 'imgooley'?

that is interesting.

well i was trying to have the quote be by the product manual, with the words 'product manual' as a link. it wouldnt work, so i had to do the link and code thing instead. i dont know why it wouldnt work, but i guess it just doesnt.
^oh.

well, that makes even less sense. how would the link translator know any different.

oh well, luckily i don't do that for some reason it is always a pain. i just paste the link.

either way, imgooley, you can prolly sell this set up when your done with it (head or cab) after the sale and make a little money. How often does that happen?
Quote by imgooley
I had the feeling that was the case. That said, I have a full tube amp head sitting on a chair in my bedroom.

Also, why the hell would I want to play teh br00tz?

Whoops my bad, you said t3h bl00z.

Haha, I'm so used to reading "t3h br00t4lz," around here, my mistake.

I know its hard to stay patient in this situation, but its really the best way to go. In the long run, the cheapest good cab I can think of is the Avatar Vintage 2x12 oversized, which sells for $269+$34 (shipping) or $358+$34 (shipping) w/ speakers.

The premier 2x12 is cheaper, but the vintage is an oversized and it really tightens up the low end that much better.
QUOTE=Name]textblabla[/QUOTE are the BB tags for that sort of thing I think. with the brackets put back in obviously.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Last edited by UpTheIrons! at Sep 12, 2008,
^ lol, i know, but doing something like:
(quote=(url=www.google.com)try google(/url)) whatever here (/quote) with brackets instead of parenthesis is what i was trying to do. just turns out like this:
[quote="try google] whatever here
^ok, now i am confused.

are you trying to do the bracket thing inside of a quote or is it creating that quote box on it's own? weird indeed.

another option is get that cab and put Warehouseguitarspeaker V30 clones in it. That would make it what? = $250 roughly plus shipping. Less than the original sell price of $299.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 12, 2008,
Ended up getting the Palomino 2x12. It has Celestion 70's in it, and it sounds great. Paid same amount as I did for my head.