Ive got a 15 watt spider III at the minute. Ive also got about £100 spare at the minute, Would i be better off saving up for a new amp or buying a pedal or two in an attempt to make the spider sound better?

Ive heard good things about the roland cubes, and they are around £100 but im not sure if the upgrade from the spider would be worth it, and i would probably be better off waiting a month or two and getting a 6505 or whatever.

Help?
Last edited by Lakey at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by Lakey
Ive got a 15 watt spider III at the minute. Ive also got about £100 spare at the minute, Would i be better off saving up for a new amp or buying a pedal or two in an attempt to make the spider sound better?

Ive heard good things about the roland cubes, and they are around £100 but im not sure if the upgrade from the spider would be worth it, and i would probably be better off waiting a month or two and getting a 6505 or whatever.

Help?

wait fo the amp foo
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
get a better amp, spiders suck

i'd wait and get a 6505/used 5150
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Yeah, i would get one eventually, but would buying a pedal now make the spider sound better and then waiting an extra week or two for the decent amp instead of playing with the spider for a month or two untill i get the decent amp.
Theres no magic pedal to make spiders sound better unless it has mute. Its just the nature of a cheaply made digital amp. Keep it as a practice amp and save your cash for a better amp.
yeah, i don't think any modelling amp is going to take pedals real well, except maybe a footswitch. I've not played either but a Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr might work for now if you want to get out of the Spider. They won't take pedals real well either so...

6505 'or whatever' is a big jump so save up and keep researching in the mean time.
Spiders don't take pedals well. My friend has a distortion pedal and it just makes his Spider scream, and not in a good way.

Save up some more cash for a great amp rather than getting a good pedal for a crap amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??