HOLY SHIT is right! that was really great man! and two years ago? Id love to see what you can do NOW! Im sure any mistake i took the time(watched at least 10 times to pick out the slightest things lol) to try and find you would have corrected my now. Around 3 05 Vai goes a little crazier with the whammy bar, but thats really the only advice i can give

I wish i could play that when i was 14

Mind looking at mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16262170#post16262170
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Sep 13, 2008,
Recorded the video with many different angels and recorded the audio separately? I guess. Cause otherwise, who controls the wah then?

Edit: just saw a mistake. I heard a pick but what you were doing was vibrating using the whammy at 4:51
Nice synchronization though.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Last edited by mothership at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by mothership
Recorded the video with many different angels and recorded the audio separately? I guess. Cause otherwise, who controls the wah then?

Edit: just saw a mistake. I heard a pick but what you were doing was vibrating using the whammy at 4:51
Nice synchronization though.

mothership, it was dubbed over, meaning I recorded the audio even before i made the video. Then I had it on playback so I could hear it and then played with it for the video. It's not fake, and it's not very close to Steve Vai either, hence my timing.

Thanks Tubyboulin!! But for me there's alot of mistakes especially my timing . I'll get to yours in a bit!

thanks BlueZephyr! when I do a cover, I usually don't add much originality to it, but I try and imitate it as well as I can(dynamics, phrasing etc..). That's what I like to do, for others they might say not enough originality.. That's just me though, thanks again.

marwan38, thanks for the crit. I'm using a boss gt-6 direct line in.
Last edited by ALajoie at Sep 14, 2008,
Holy crap man, that was perfect. Sounds exactly like Vai himself. And you were only 14 at that time, incredible. How long have you been playing?

And the quality is just insane, on a dvd? Wow. Bravo.

Thanks for the crit too!
Quote by ALajoie
mothership, it was dubbed over, meaning I recorded the audio even before i made the video. Then I had it on playback so I could hear it and then played with it for the video. It's not fake, and it's not very close to Steve Vai either, hence my timing.

Thanks Tubyboulin!! But for me there's alot of mistakes especially my timing . I'll get to yours in a bit!

thanks BlueZephyr! when I do a cover, I usually don't add much originality to it, but I try and imitate it as well as I can(dynamics, phrasing etc..). That's what I like to do, for others they might say not enough originality.. That's just me though, thanks again.

marwan38, thanks for the crit. I'm using a boss gt-6 direct line in.

I didnt say it's fake. Im actually amazed that you dubbed it with a perfect synchronization.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Hi,

I'm learning this song as of now too and I wish I could pull it off as nicely as you did 2 years ago.. fantastic performance! I love the quality of your video too, I guess you know the "&fmt=18" trick too
I wish I could give some point of critique but there is simply nothing wrong with your performance! Great work!

Wanna crit mine plz? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=958471

Cheers!
ZeG
ahh ok mothership, i see, no problem then.

Thanks ZeGuitarist! Ofcrouse I know the &fmt=18 trick . For me there's my timing, and I notice that I've improved quite a bit on my timing since then haha.