Sorry about the size everyone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
do stained flames maple tops count because while that jackson oneblackened posted is nice, it just looks so pale
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
do stained flames maple tops count because while that jackson oneblackened posted is nice, it just looks so pale

Absolutely. Nothing is nicer than a maple top with stain, and the more grain or "quilting" the better. I just meant not guitar tops that are painted a solid color that blocks the woodgrain.

these are the nicest Ive seen up til now:
Navigator LP

I know this is a dumb question, but how do these make the guitar sound better?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Midnight Murk
The fact that the top is figured has no real effect on the tone of the instrument if you compare it to a plain top. Different pieces of wood will obviously sound different, but the grain of the top doesn't determine whether it will sound good or not. These tops are simply to make the instrument beautiful.

Myself, I prefer plain or slightly figured tops as compared to the highly flamed tops, but that's just me.

I like them not perfectly matched (one side not very flamed, the other more so).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I quite like spalted tops
and reb model suhrs (indeed koa ninja edit ftw, i like spalted maple too tho)
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Sep 12, 2008,
That looks more like Koa?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Deep*Kick
I quite like spalted tops
and reb model suhrs (indeed koa ninja edit ftw, i like spalted maple too tho)

+1

I love the combo of Flame Koa and Pau Ferroa.
I hate most natural finishes but this Onyx Forge spalted maple LP style guitar is be-you-tea-full. Spalt maple ftw. Headstock is kinda meh but it was probably the customer's choice.

http://www.onyxforgeguitars.com/C27.html

For something a little bit "metal",

My all time favorite finish is the old tri-burst. I'm kinda biased towards this one, being that it's mine. It's hard to tell for all the gloss but the top is flame maple.

(Invalid img)
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
You only posted that because Paul Gilbert is in the pictures. He doesn't have a grain. Though he probably has a flavor.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
^ taylor makes a hell of a guitar... i didnt even know they made electrics
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb

I guess some of you are going to bash me for posting an Ibanez in way of a PRS or Gisbon, but I've always loved the look of this guitar
Last edited by Horlicks at Sep 13, 2008,
A bubinga top is one of my favorites. Much like Herman Li's original S series guitar that he used in the through the fire and flames video. Not his new signature guitar.
This one's always been a very personal favorite.

That particular wood grain isn't great though. I like mine a good deal more.
Quote by Hultan

I have one of them!

The grain on it is plain, but still, it turns me on!

It looks so nice, even on a crappy picture.

Oh well.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by Free to Guitar
I hate most natural finishes but this Onyx Forge spalted maple LP style guitar is be-you-tea-full. Spalt maple ftw. Headstock is kinda meh but it was probably the customer's choice.

*splooge*