My lil bro saved up for a guitar, and just gotta used epiphone les paul. i've already taught him some simple stuff, but he wants to learn more.. i cant think of anything.
Its better to burn out than fade away- Kurt Cobain

The best thing about guitar is it isnt taught at school- Jimmy Page

Dont you eat that yellow snow- Frank Zappa
In A Gadda Da Vida
Quote by MetalMegaMan
make it smaller then maybe i'll consider.

Quote by metaldud536
Love is when she trades you her holographic Blastoise for your Kakuna that's half bent on one corner.

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump
Quote by Nirvana_17
In A Gadda Da Vida

alread did
Its better to burn out than fade away- Kurt Cobain

The best thing about guitar is it isnt taught at school- Jimmy Page

Dont you eat that yellow snow- Frank Zappa
Smells Like Teen Spirit.

All the cool kids are doing it.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Smoke on the water!!
Come as you are!

Seriously tho some nirvana or Sum 41 or AC/DC, those are all relatively easy
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
stacys mom buy fountains of wayne.

solo sounds awesome to people who arent aware how easy it is

also try the tabs forum, they have a whole thread dedicated to this
"Spread the Blood of the Virgin Goat (Sodomize the Anus)" By the Dildo Pilots
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
Young Thing by John 5
Black Widow of La Porte by John 5
The Werewolf of Westeria by John 5
Just Push Play by Aerosmith
Walk This Way by Run D.M.C.

JUST PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY TAaABS
if you wanna start him off right do some ACDC. the only place to start for the aspiring rock musician
Cynic.

...Taught him any Metallica yet? Like, Fade to Black or something? Black Sabbath...Oh, what about The Ocean by Led Zep? It's pretty easy.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Woman
Quote by MetalMegaMan
make it smaller then maybe i'll consider.

Quote by metaldud536
Love is when she trades you her holographic Blastoise for your Kakuna that's half bent on one corner.

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump
well for a brotherhood bonding experience, may I suggest Concerto?

lol but seriously, maybe something from Iron Maiden? many of their songs are rather simple and fun to play
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
Something he actually likes would be a good place to start; find out what kind of music he listens to and try teaching him that.

Or if all else fails go for "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Peace Frog1
My lil bro saved up for a guitar, and just gotta used epiphone les paul. i've already taught him some simple stuff, but he wants to learn more.. i cant think of anything.

Dude, you quoted Kurt Cobain as saying "It's better to burn out than fade away"? Guess again. It was Neil Young, and he sang that a hell of a long time before Cobain ever got into the music biz. FYI
Quote by LeftyDave
Dude, you quoted Kurt Cobain as saying "It's better to burn out than fade away"? Guess again. It was Neil Young, and he sang that a hell of a long time before Cobain ever got into the music biz. FYI

At no point does his signature say that the quote originated from Kurt, he just prefers that use so leave him alone.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Pop-Punk for the win

And btw Mr Peace Frog, Kurt Kobain didn't come up with It's better to burn out, he was quoting part of a Neil Young song.
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Quote by jasp0r
Just teach him some blink 182 or green day stuff or something.

^ basically i started playing a month ago and i play like 10 blink songs
Why not teach him some chords and the names of them, then do songs which use those chords?
Find out what bands he likes and the simpler songs for those bands and teach him those. Seriously, its the best way to inspire him to play.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
At no point does his signature say that the quote originated from Kurt, he just prefers that use so leave him alone.

Prove me wrong then. Zappa's quote is right, Page's quote is right, Cobain's isn't. Just pointing it out to him is all. And I don't believe I was talking to you in the first place, mind your own business.
Quote by LeftyDave
Prove me wrong then. Zappa's quote is right, Page's quote is right, Cobain's isn't. Just pointing it out to him is all. And I don't believe I was talking to you in the first place, mind your own business.

You had nothing to contribute to the thread, why did you post in the first place? Anyway, I never said it wasn't originally from anything, I just said that obviously he prefers to quote it from Kurt Cobain rather than Neil Young so stop being an arsehole. I might just put it in my sig as being from The Kurgan in Highlander just to annoy you.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Jewel by Jason Becker, introduce him to that style of music NOW. So he doesnt become a whiney FOB Plain White Ts listening jack off in the future, srrsly that might be Jason's easiest and most beautiful song.

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Last edited by MulanoSG at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by anarkee
Find out what bands he likes and the simpler songs for those bands and teach him those. Seriously, its the best way to inspire him to play.

I second this one and Zaphod_Beeblebr's suggestion. Learning an instrument tends to become a drag when teachers force you to play music you can't relate to. It's much more stimulating to immediately work on songs you desperately want to hear yourself play.
If your brothers' musical taste is rather advanced there's nothing in your way of reworking a song he loves into an etude matching his next-week abilitys. As an extra bonus this will give you a nice oppertunity to work on your own arranging skills.