I'm looking for personal comments on people who have used or better "have" high output pickups that pick pinch harmonics excessively well. I'm not a big fan of the EMGs I've played and I'm wondering if there are any alternative like the D-activators, Dimebuckers ( lol the auto correcter guided me into correcting Dimebuckers to Mother****ers haha ) or some of the Breed pu from Dirmazio. I currently play Duncan JBs on my Schecter. They pick up the harmonics OK I'm not complaining but id like more.

Any comments if you have played them ?
D-activators are designed specifically to sound like active pickups, and they achieve that by emphasizing harmonics. Find yourself an Ibanez Xiphos and try it. It's the only guitar that comes stock with them, but it should be pretty common.

I would also recommend the Bill Lawrence XL-500. It's what the Dimebucker is based on, only it's better.
I find that with good technique any pickups will do, even the non-existent acoustic ones.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I find that with good technique any pickups will do, even the non-existent acoustic ones.

This.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
+1 to evolution and evo II 's theyre nice
but nothing surpasses a EMG harmonic IMO :P
Quote by nido
+1 to evolution and evo II 's theyre nice
but nothing surpasses a EMG harmonic IMO :P

That.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I got the technique down but listen to the intro part of Doomsday by Atreyu you'll see what i mean when i say "More" Harmonics !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdmOa8MhVoo

Obviously they use EMGs...

But then i get what u mean, u can pull off harmonics on a Acoustic guitar u just need to be more precises and its not as defined , it sounds more like a semi-Harmonic. Same goes for Strat\Tele PUs.

Ill check out those Bill Lawrence XL-500 if i can find them. Thx for the replys
Quote by Raiedisloquer
I got the technique down but listen to the intro part of Doomsday by Atreyu you'll see what i mean when i say "More" Harmonics !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdmOa8MhVoo

Obviously they use EMGs...

No, they've just got better technique than you; if I can sound a decent pinch harmonic on my neck pickup then it all comes down to technique, not pickups. After all; EVH used pinch harmonics extensively and he used a low output passive pickup.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
EVH used pinch harmonics extensively and he used a low output passive pickup.

he modified his PAF pickups making them hotter. and he had an awesome amp with awesome gain.

anyway, i think that he TSs best choice is the evo.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, they've just got better technique than you; if I can sound a decent pinch harmonic on my neck pickup then it all comes down to technique, not pickups. After all; EVH used pinch harmonics extensively and he used a low output passive pickup.

Yea ... ok
I think some pickups just allow for more harmonic overtones causing the harmonics to literally jump out easier atleast thats how it feelf when I go from my V2 ibanez pickup equipped RG to my washburn equipped with EMG;s