Yeah i've had this amp since around December of last year and it's work perfectly until today. However after coming home today when I plugged in and played there were popping sounds coming from the amp. The guitar sound came through fine but there was always a popping coming from the amp as well. It also has some very faint whistling now and then.

I just quickly recorded the amp to give an idea of what's going on. It makes the noise whether my guitar is plugged in or not so i'm pretty sure it's the amp.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6886103
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
huh.

just all the sudden like that huh? You sure that is not a cell phone?

JJ tubes go well in these amp I hear...so do you know when the tubes were changed last?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 12, 2008,
Well the amp isn't even a year old but I got it new so the tubes weren't changed.

Oh and update: My dad unplugged my delay pedal to charge a phone and the popping was gone...I think it might have been the delay causing it. However the delay is working fine now as well.

It was possible the delay in the FX loop the caused it but nothing is happening now so I guess the tubes are fine.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

i would keep cell phones away from your amp while playing

i would also try to isolate the amp to it's own outlet plug including the delay and everthing else if you can. I doubt the delay pedal was causing that problem but you could always try changing the battery in it.

also try your amp in a completely different part of the house and see if you get different results
^ Well I lost my phone a few days ago so there hasn't been a cell phone near the amp for some time.

Also my delay only works with a power supply which is plugged in to a different outlet than the amp.

I think there might have been something in the FX loop...who knows.

ok, well you mentioned that your dad unplugged your delay to charge a phone and i pictured a lot of stuff plugged into on place which CAN cause a popping like that (same for cell phone signals). I only get feedback on my amp when a call comes in and sometimes when an email comes in believe it or not.

try playing without delay pedal or anything in loop and then try it with just a patch cord in loop just for fun. I guess it could be tubes but I doubt it with it being so new and all.

good luck
Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ Well I lost my phone a few days ago so there hasn't been a cell phone near the amp for some time.
Also my delay only works with a power supply which is plugged in to a different outlet than the amp.

I think there might have been something in the FX loop...who knows.

Unless it's inside the amp!
^ Well it's gone now so I guess there might have been some connection problem in the cables...either way whatever was wrong doesn't seem to be causing problems currently.

Appreciate the help guys.