I'm looking for pickups for my MIM Strat, and I've landed on two sets I'm looking at.
I have experience in soldering, so I'm wiring the pickguard up myself.

I'm looking at either a GFS Calibrated "Lil' Killers" set for 59.95, or a Lace Sensor Blue/Silver/Red set for 169.99.

Given the price difference, is it worth it to get the Lace Sensors? I realize that pickups do have an effect on your tone, but that much? Thoughts/opinions on either of the above?

TIA.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

yes they have a large affect on your sound, they make the sound
but im not that familiar with either brand of pups
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
yes they have a large affect on your sound, they make the sound
but im not that familiar with either brand of pups

Lace Sensors- High reputation, state of the art noise cancelling technology

GFS- Low cost, "high quality" parts and pickups, which cut out the middlemen, leaving factory direct-ish prices
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Quote by Stratoblaster73
I'm looking for pickups for my MIM Strat, and I've landed on two sets I'm looking at.
I have experience in soldering, so I'm wiring the pickguard up myself.

I'm looking at either a GFS Calibrated "Lil' Killers" set for 59.95, or a Lace Sensor Blue/Silver/Red set for 169.99.

Given the price difference, is it worth it to get the Lace Sensors? I realize that pickups do have an effect on your tone, but that much? Thoughts/opinions on either of the above?

TIA.

those are two totally different types of sets. Why don't you tell us what you're looking for?