Line 6 FBV Pedalboard Express
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
White Schecter Hellraiser diamond series
Epiphone Les Paul Sunburst
Looking to buy Krank Revolution Cab
Quote by Ghold125
why would some one bother doing that?
it will still sound that same

How would it sound the same? Its got better/different speakers + its got a better build quality. How would it sound the same? So if i play my mesa through a line 6 spider cab its gonna sound the same as my mesa cab?
I guarantee the spider would sound better through the krank cab than a spider cab.
yeah but the head accounts for a lot more of the tone than the cab

edit: yes it would be better than the spider cab, but i mean thats kinda like putting rims on an old beat up car. it looks cool and all, but the car still sucks. and to someone who knows anything, the car doesnt even look cool.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It'd sound better than with the stock cab, but if you're actually looking to buy a Rev cab, rethink your shopping list.
You're gonna want a good combo amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^^2 up i understand that, but it will still affect the tone. The first 3 posts, have you even tried a spider through a krank cab, or anything through a really good cab vs a not so good cab? And i agree about re-shopping.
Last edited by \m/metallica\m/ at Sep 12, 2008,
honestly, spending the money on a Krank Rev cab would not give the best results trying to make a Spider sound better.

IMHO, having owned a higher wattage Spider III, the sound isnt TOO bad at low volumes, but once you hit like...4...it goes down the shitter. im serious.

So buying an expensive cab such as the Rev is not such a good idea to match with a SS modeling amp. It pretty much...will sound the same or very similar.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Dont expect a better cab to make some huge difference in tone. It may sound better may sound worse. Spider speakers are made to be used with modelling amps so are tone neutral.