i want to down tune my guitar to d standard / drop c.
how thick of strings should i get?

also, does anyone have a link to an instructional video on how to adjust the trust rod?

thank you
you can swap one string at a time then repost.

you'll need to fret the first and last fret on the Low E and look at the middle frets.

see how far the string is from the fretwire there.

look and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
a set of 10's should be just fine for d standard / drop c
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
I personally use 11's and can handle drop C fine. Depending on your scale length and how much string tension you want you may want to go to 12's. I recommend experimenting with some different gauges until you find one that works for you personally. Sorry I can't help with a video link to a truss rod adjustment.

EDIT: About three quarters of the way through the truss rod adjustment starts.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Last edited by OsirisProtocol at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by jj1565
you can swap one string at a time then repost.

you'll need to fret the first and last fret on the Low E and look at the middle frets.

see how far the string is from the fretwire there.

look and repost.

so your saying i dont need to adjust until i change the strings?
As long as you get some heavier strings and stay at the lower tuning, its not going to damage your guitar.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i used to use 10s on my guitar, but i switched to 11s when i started downtuning more. i use 11s and play anywhere from standard to drop d to drop c to drop b and i didnt adjust my truss rod. i havent noticed any difference in feel or playability in either of my guitars. im guessing anything higher than 11s would require a little tweaking, though, since thats really thick.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by chillage656
so your saying i dont need to adjust until i change the strings?

yeah you will want to swap one string at a time, and after you pick your strings and downtune, then you can measure the neck for adjustment. (if needed)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
if you play in this tuning a whole lot, then 12s, maybe 11s.

However, if you usually dont play lower than a whole step down, then 10s would be fine.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^