I have these two guitars in mind for my next guitar.
I was wondering how good they are. The review on Guitarcenter seemed pretty positive on both. I was looking into the Goth explorer not the on the other korina one. And is the G-400 Cherry color close to the heritage cherry color cause in the pictures it looked kind of a weird cherry.Are they decent guitars? I play Hard rock and metal and i need a new axe because i dont think my one now has a lot of life left. Any advice on either would be great.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
New Amp!!!!!!!!!!!
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
I really like my G-400, although the heavy head makes it tip.
Check my profile what for music I play.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by WSR66
New Amp!!!!!!!!!!!

hey buddy...
i asked for advice on the guitars
not my amp
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Quote by ibanez_2892
hey buddy...
i asked for advice on the guitars
not my amp

Doesn't matter, you'll get more benefit out of a new amp right now. Get a new amp, then a new guitar.
If you insist, my vote goes to the Explorer, but do check out the Korina one, it's quite nice.
well i have been leaning towards the explorer and might go for it just change the pickups
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
sgs are good, i own one, be warned, its neck heavy, which i dont think the explorers are. Ive never played one though, so i cant tell you about them.

never trust gc reviews though, I once read one with someone claiming that a marshall MG was the best amp ever
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
sgs are good, i own one, be warned, its neck heavy, which i dont think the explorers are. Ive never played one though, so i cant tell you about them.

The Explorers are neck heavy too. I moved the strap button to the back like they are on the Gibson versions. Now the neck does NOT drop to the floor when you take your hand off the neck.
tbh every goth explorer i have tried, the neck feels really dry, like i cant slide easy on it, it feels kinda dusty i would say, basically i dont like the neck cause it feels dry, i like the korina one better.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
tbh every goth explorer i have tried, the neck feels really dry, like i cant slide easy on it, it feels kinda dusty i would say, basically i dont like the neck cause it feels dry, i like the korina one better.

I took really fine sandpaper (can't remember exact grit) to the neck on mine (It's a Goth). I lightly sanded it and now it looks gloss black and is super smooth.
Quote by this&that

well i haven't played one at my local GC but i have played the Gibson one and its neck felt ok kinda chunky but ok
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
well what we play is many stuff like The sword and sabbath just maybe a little (little) heavier
so i will need some decent stock pickups til i can upgrade
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
ive played both the g400 and the korina explorer i liked the explorer better it had a thinner neck and sounded quite nice even though they vere both good. the only problem i found with the explorer ws it was really heavy especially in that massive epiphone case.

if you really want the all black look like the goth explorer maybe get the black korina explorer and put a black pickgutard on it. but the finish is gloss not matte like the goth explorer
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by Dan shreds
ive played both the g400 and the korina explorer i liked the explorer better it had a thinner neck and sounded quite nice even though they vere both good. the only problem i found with the explorer ws it was really heavy especially in that massive epiphone case.

if you really want the all black look like the goth explorer maybe get the black korina explorer and put a black pickgutard on it. but the finish is gloss not matte like the goth explorer

well i like the matte finish ,but not the all black pickguard. i would defiataly change the pickguard to a white one. But i dont like the gold hardware of the korina and thats more crap to replace
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
from what i have seen the g-400 is top heavy and its like if you let go of the neck it swings down really fast. that could potentially damage the guitar if it hits something
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Futura FX. OFR plus EMG 81/85. Downside is the OFR is non-recessed.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
either one of these are good cheap guitars.

including a pickup change, its a good cheap deal
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I took really fine sandpaper (can't remember exact grit) to the neck on mine (It's a Goth). I lightly sanded it and now it looks gloss black and is super smooth.

Interesting, i might buy a goth now, because i like how they look, but i hate that dryness.
Quote by ibanez_2892
well i haven't played one at my local GC but i have played the Gibson one and its neck felt ok kinda chunky but ok

The gibson neck feels excellent compared to the epi one, its a gibson thats why, it might not be the best build quality right now, but if you compare it to a epi, it will be much better constructed because you get what you pay for. Im just saying you should try out the exact model you plan on buying before you buy it, because some might feel wonderful and some might feel like crap. I tried the gibson version and various other gibson ones, and compared them to the epi version and the gibson had a better feel/sound to it than the epi, its just my opinion though.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by -Blue-
1966 g-400? it's heritage cherry like you want, not some ripoff cherry finish. Youll have to wait until it comes out again, though, but seeing as your fund for it is one dollar, that shouldn't be a problem

yeah i like those too just havent see them anywhere
to try one
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
explorer
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)