My Goal Is To Make A 412 Closed Back Straight Cabinet With 4 Speakers That has a switch to switch between 4 speakers for live and 2 speakers for home. Im also hooking up a panel with 4 Lights that work off a battery.

I trust you GB&C Regulars to help me with this.
Posted a picture to show the idea...

- First Things First, Speakers.
I have 300$ torwards the electronics and need recomendations.
Attachments:
ertyui.jpg
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Sep 12, 2008,
what ohm rating are you looking to acheive?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

^that + what kinda tone are u lookin for?? speakers do affect tone quite a bit.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Tonewise im looking for Melodeath / Technicaldeathmetal sound.
Tight lows and smooth sound.
For the cleans im looking for a glassy trebley clean tone
celestion vintage 30s seem to match that description almost perfectly...

no one kill me for suggesting v30s, i know everyone uses 'em....but thats the type of tone (tight lows, glassy treble) v30s are for...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
ahem, its a 412 and i have around 300 to spend on speakers...
I can get 3 for that so unless you can buy me the 4th sorry no go =\
surely you can get 4 v30s for $300.

also, if you skimp out on the speakers your cab will not sound as good. if you really can't get the speakers for that much, wait a little bit longer and save a little more. that would be my advice

EDIT: or forget I said that and get Warehouse Guitar Speakers veteran 30s, which are cheaper and apparently tonally superior also, as they get rid of the mid spike. i was gonna get some when i was gonna build a cabinet, but that plan got cancelled unfortunately.
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Last edited by CrowLord at Sep 13, 2008,
At avatar speakers you can get a case of 4 V30s for $300 plus $30 shipping.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by CrowLord
surely you can get 4 v30s for $300.

also, if you skimp out on the speakers your cab will not sound as good. if you really can't get the speakers for that much, wait a little bit longer and save a little more. that would be my advice

EDIT: or forget I said that and get Warehouse Guitar Speakers veteran 30s, which are cheaper and apparently tonally superior also, as they get rid of the mid spike. i was gonna get some when i was gonna build a cabinet, but that plan got cancelled unfortunately.

Im very easily considering those but i have a bit of distrust torwards warehous speakers.
Their descriptions sound very full of ass because of the whole "were better than the original LAWL LAWL LAWL" Attitude they have on every speaker.
http://colomar.com/Shavano/4x12wiring.html

wiring for cabs....2/3 of the way down is the wiring schematic for mono/stereo wiring. Very easy to do, i just did it to my cabinet.

As far as speakers, If you want to keep it new, then I'd go with www.warehouseguitarspeakers.com For $300 you could get 4 speakers no problem. If you don't mind used then Ebay is your best bet.

I use WGS speakers in one of my cabs and they sound great! They sound pompous about being better than the original because on paper they are, at least for the 30's they are. Then again tone is subjective to the user so even though they are tonally superior on paper, you may like the originals better. But if you want the originals then be prepared to pay for them.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
Last edited by MeanwiththeDean at Sep 13, 2008,