Well, i think it's time a get a new bass pretty soon, and i was looking at some peaveys. I went to my local shop about 3 weeks ago and he showed me a peavey, thought it was nice just never really thought about trying it out. It seemed like a pretty good bass, and i like the way it looked.

Anyways has anyone played one?
Between the peavey's that i'm looking at i want to try out http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Millennium-4-AC-BXP-4-String-Bass-104145099-i1146983.gc or http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Millennium-BXP-4-String-Bass-Guitar-511369-i1146907.gc

Or would i be better off just getting a squire, or saving up for a fender?

Edit: I play mainly metalcore stuff if that helps any.
Gear:
Ibanez GSR200FM
Ibanez SW35 amp

Jackson JS30RR
Cheap fender amp

Getting a better guitar amp after christmas.

Last edited by NinJaaaaaaaaaah at Sep 12, 2008,
Second one or the Fender or squier.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I would totally recommend the peavy's. there great basses, even the cheap ones. I used to play something similar to the first one you showed and it was great, but my peavy cirrus is even better. there great basses though, sound wonderful, and are built great. so before i start demanding peavy for advertising cash... id say buy it
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
Last edited by Spankyx2 at Sep 12, 2008,
hm.. alrighty. I'll see what a few more people say about them. And i need to go to the music store tomorrow anyways so i'll be sure to try them out.
Gear:
Ibanez GSR200FM
Ibanez SW35 amp

Jackson JS30RR
Cheap fender amp

I played a Peavey Grind. I was soooooo close to getting one, but I regretfully got an Ibanez cause I didn't have the cash.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I have a Peavy and a squire and several others and much prefer the feel of the Peavy . But feel is very subjective. try as many as possible at the store. take your time enjoy the sound.
I wouldn't rule out the Peavey basses, but definitely give Yamaha a look as well.

Yamaha is totally incapable of making a bad bass.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
of course!

why do you think they would use them on Rockstar on Myspace..lol

just messin....i have played quite a few and they played and sounded really good...

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by diditfortehlulz
I wouldn't rule out the Peavey basses, but definitely give Yamaha a look as well.

Yamaha is totally incapable of making a bad bass.

I played a real stinker from yamaha once... a cheap precision copy, but it was definitely a stinker.

but then again, I've played stinkers from most companies. the first jazz bass I ever played had terrible intonation and buzz. and it was American. someone must have messed with it...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Peaveys are awesome

I love my lil milestone and intend to get a new Peavey ASAP

probably a Millenium, maybe a grind
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Mmk. I'll be sure to try them out. Thanks for all the help guys.
Gear:
Ibanez GSR200FM
Ibanez SW35 amp

Jackson JS30RR
Cheap fender amp

I own one,a and it's great. Although it is a relatively cheap model, it is very nice. It has a good reliable sound and never breaks. It's good.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
i play a peavey foundation bass made in 1992 and let me tell you -- this bass is mindblowing. get a peavey. get a peavey. get a peavey.
Quote by the humanity
I played a real stinker from yamaha once... a cheap precision copy, but it was definitely a stinker.

but then again, I've played stinkers from most companies. the first jazz bass I ever played had terrible intonation and buzz. and it was American. someone must have messed with it...

I guess everybody's got 'em.

But man, I've played a lot of basses, and all the Yamaha's I played were always very unique, and consistently well built.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by diditfortehlulz
I guess everybody's got 'em.

But man, I've played a lot of basses, and all the Yamaha's I played were always very unique, and consistently well built.

yeah, they tend to come in some ugly colors sometimes though. said stinker was a terrible imitation of sea green, it looked like a giant booger with an uneven maple neck.

but Peavey is very good. I like Peavey. they have some ugly headstock designs, but that is no reason to say no.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Well just got back from the music store. Turns out they sold their last Peavy the yesterday .

Anyways i ended up trying Fender J bass, Fender P bass, a Ibanez EDB400 and another ibanez which i can't remember the model of it.

Anyways i liked the Ibanez EDB400 the most. It was light weight, had a good tone and i liked the way it felt if they don't have any peaveys by october(when i'll have the money to get a new one) i'll probably get that one.
Gear:
Ibanez GSR200FM
Ibanez SW35 amp

Jackson JS30RR
Cheap fender amp

Ibanez is great too.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

MILESTONE, that's the one! I played one of those, I really liked the feel of it, kindof a Jazz bass with attitude!

Personally, I would look at the Samick/Greg Bennett fender clones if you want a decent, cheap, non-fender bass that basically IS a Fender. In case you didn't know, Greg Bennett Guitars make virtually every guitar sold by EVERY brand made in the far east. All those Epiphones, squiers, etc.
The milestone is great, dirt cheap, nigh on indestructible and I love mine to death, but tonnally it is NOT a jazz bass with attitude, Fenders do pwn it tonewise, but I play it through my big Laney r4 and when EQ'd right it sounds bitchin'....just not as bitchin' as a jazz bass.

£300 cheaper though....
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
You can't really go wrong with a Peavey Milestone.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

Peavey are generally i good brand, however dont rule out any brand just because of what people say, try eevery bass in the shop, regardless of it being within your budget. I have consistently heard people bitch about SX yet i have had mine for 2 years now and i love it. Never had a problem with it either!..