Page 1 of 6
http://ds.qj.net/Scumbag-gets-21-years-for-killing-baby-over-a-videogame/pg/49/aid/123526

Twenty one years is simply nowhere near enough time for murdering an 18 day old child just because he interrupted a videogame, and how does this piece of slime get away with manslaughter? Pretty damn revolting stuff, makes you just shake your head and wonder what's going on with our legal system.

Details after the jump.

On Oct. 26th, 2007, Rene Edward Barrios was charged with looking after his girlfriends 18 day old infant who lay sleeping in the next room. Presently, the infant started to cry, sending Barrios into a rage, pausing the game, he went into the room, grabbed the child, shook him and then hit him before returning to his gaming session. By the time Barrios went back to check on the baby he was blue and unconscious, the poor child died at the hospital and Barrios was immediately arrested.

Barrios has plead guilty to manslaughter and will be sentenced to serve between 10.5 and 21 years in prison.

Holy fuck.
The first thing I thought was of course, "What game?"
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I'm sorry, but despite the appeal to emotion, that isn't murder. It doesn't make it murder even if you or anyone else get fücking pissed off about it. That's the law of the land, and if you don't like it that's just tough shït.

The sentence, now that's debatable.
And I thought people dying from videogames was bad enough...
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by Dimster Ds
And I thought people dying from videogames was bad enough...

Umm..Technically, this was people dying from video games.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ebay Help > asking a dog for help > The Pit

Quote by brady12345
dude, you have a camera, go kick some people in the nuts and run
Quote by saphrax
Unconfirmed reports say the man was on level 87 of Tetris at the time.

So he was justified.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by saphrax
Unconfirmed reports say the man was on level 87 of Tetris at the time.

I'd be pretty angry too if i got interupted on level 87 of tetris.

But seriously, that's pathetic.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
I punched my sister for turning off a game while I was playing..that's about it...
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Obvious noob, though. Real players give their children sleeping pills to go with the milk before gaming, or just mace them till they STFU.
Quote by titsmcgee852
So he was justified.

Exactly.

I'm kidding though, these people need to be taught a lesson. A life sentence would have been fitting here.
Quote by asmeister
I'm sorry, but despite the appeal to emotion, that isn't murder. It doesn't make it murder even if you or anyone else get fücking pissed off about it. That's the law of the land, and if you don't like it that's just tough shït.

Agreed. I mean, if you murder someone, that's not you killing them, I mean, it's simply just them getting murdered!

It's like, if I were to shoot someone, that's not murder, because I didn't kill them them, the ir injury did. So, realistically, they killed themselves. So it's suicide.

Good point dude! Kudos!
Quote by merfsullivan
Agreed. I mean, if you murder someone, that's not you killing them, I mean, it's simply just them getting murdered!

It's like, if I were to shoot someone, that's not murder, because I didn't kill them them, the ir injury did. So, realistically, they killed themselves. So it's suicide.

Good point dude! Kudos!

Unlawful killing without intent to kill. It can be voluntary (such as a deadly fist fight) or involuntary (such as an accident caused by a speeding car).

Law is the law.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by merfsullivan

Good point dude! Kudos!

Perhaps you need to go check the dictionary under murder, and perhaps you need to check the dictionary under manslaughter. Then you could like you know, read the article.

You know, perhaps if you were to do that, you might end up *not* looking like a goddamn idiot.
Do you know how many times it took me to make that freaking jump?! Then the damn baby made me DIE! I had to do something!
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by -GuitarHero-
Umm..Technically, this was people dying from video games.

I don't think that baby died as a result of video games, I think that baby died because that dude is a ****ing psycho. I doubt that game had anything to do with it, it would have been the same if he was watching a movie or something
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by merfsullivan

Good point dude! Kudos!

But you caused the injury

Wow you are an idiot.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
This just in, the ESRB gives Tetris a M rating, saying it incites violent and murderous behaviour!
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by maggot9779
Ahh, the old shaking baby thing. There was a program on TV about that a while ago...

Didn't see that but yeah, sad. Baby colic and a bad temper makes a bad mix
Quote by BenFoffenbock
But you caused the injury

Wow you are an idiot.

i think he was being sarcastic
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
It was just 18 days old... seriously nothing more then a late abortion. I mean the child was not mentally mature enough to really know anything.