ok.. so i've searched thru the stickies and thru the loads of parts links. But i haven't really come up with any results for 7 strings nuts.

anyway, i'm thinking of replacing the nut that came stock with my Agile Septor
http://www.rondomusic.com/septor.html
its a soft sticky plastic that kills the tuning and the action is a bit high..

i realize i could probably file the bottom down and re-shape the string grooves.. but i'd rather just upgrade the piece and be done with it.

does anyone know offhand a site that'll ship 7 string nuts to canada, or perhaps alternative solutions to my dilemma?

Cheers!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i was about to buy that nut. 4$? sounds good

then it was 40$ for shipping.

Not many people sell preslotted 7 string nuts, and it'll cost 40ish dollars to get someone to slot it for you. Unless you were planning on doing it yourself.
yea, i probably could do it myself. but then i'd need to buy the needle files. which aren't that cheap. lol

i suppose i'll shop around locally and see what i can get.

thanks guys!
Quote by Pyrofretnic

Hehe yeah, it looks solid, I can't wait to string it up and see how it sounds. I'm expecting the nut to be pretty good since it's from Carvin.

EDIT: Yeah I also got it because it was like 4 bucks, and it was 11 shipping and handling to here, which was a lot, but I bought like some copper sheilding tape and whatnot to justify the shipping...

If it's good, that's like $40 saved from getting somebody to cut the nut for me.
If it's not good, it's only 4 bucks wasted...but then I still have to spend money on getting the nut slotted. I'm hoping it's good >.<
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

it was gonna be closer to $50 after it was all said and done. which IMO is far too much on a nut.

luckily for you the shipping was only 11$ it was going to cost $40 for just the ground shipping to victoria.

I'll be at my local long and mcquade tomorrow to see what i can do. i've done nut filing before but i was just using the shop tools then.. meh.. maybe i'll get a set so i can do redo the nut on my ibanez as well. heh
The cost of tools is always justifiable, because you get to use them over and over again! (That logic always seems to work on my parents, anyway )
But think your going to have to match the dimensions and string spacing of the agile nut, so your better off just getting a graphite nut blank and shaping it yourself (or have someone do it for a lot of money )

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man