For some reason for the past week, the high E string is screwed up. When strike the open string, the pitch is sharper than when you play it with your finger on the 12th fret. I have an RG370DXGP4 with a double locking tremolo (edge III).
Your intonation is off. I believe that when the higher notes are flatter, you need to move the saddle forward (towards the neck), but it's been a while since i made this adjustment, and I could be incorrect, although i'm pretty sure. Replacing your string will help as well if it's old/rusty.
just that saddle. Also, how long have you had said Edge III?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've only had the guitar for almost 3 months if thats what your asking.
Alright. It's jsut that edge III's have a tendency to start wearing out around the 6 month mark or a little earlier. Check the FR guide at the top of the forum for info on your trem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What wears out on the edge III after about 6 months? I ask cause i just bought one with a edge III on it. As far as i can tell its about the same as my floyd rose's that were on my 3 eddy vanhalen guitars except that his locked only dove down.
I've had my edge 3 for almost a year now and have had no problems with it.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!