Poll: Which of the amps is the best for blues and rock.
Poll Options
View poll results: Which of the amps is the best for blues and rock.
Fender Deluxe Reverb
1 11%
Fender Super Reverb
2 22%
Fender Twin Reverb
4 44%
Fender Twin Custom
2 22%
Voters: 9.
No. Just No. No, No, No, No.
I hope this gets closed, just for your insolence.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
they all do blues and rock well and i bet you will get better responses with a better crafted thread.

at least s/he DID'NT say 'Which is better...a Fender or a Vox."

Edit: In other words, what have YOU found out about these 4 amps as far as differenced and what features do you like about one over the other. Sorry, we have been dealing with a lot of idiots here tonight and i shouldn't take it out on you.

*goes back to playing nice harmomic riff*
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 12, 2008,
I have a Deluxe, and its awesome for these genres.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by SSL27
The Bassman.

This.

But out of what you listed: Super Reverb, solely because of Derek Trucks.
The twin custom has an amazing bass response.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by imgooley
This.

What I love the most about the Bassman is the fact that we wouldn't even have Marshalls as we know them without it.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
The Twins are more surf/country amps. They're awesome, but an OD pedal will be required.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The are all awesome, but it depends on what you want. Headroom? Early tube break up? Something that fits in the trunk of a Yugo? Something 72 pounds?
I'm a Bassman and Super Reverb guy.
They're all good, but the BM and SR are my favorite fender amps.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by gregs1020
The are all awesome, but it depends on what you want. Headroom? Early tube break up? Something that fits in the trunk of a Yugo? Something 72 pounds?

I don't think he wants much headroom, because he plays blues and rock, that's why I reccomended the Deluxe, say, how could you add more headroom to it?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
I don't think he wants much headroom, because he plays blues and rock,

I missed where he posted what he plays. Am I really off this morning or ?
What his needs are would dictate which of the amps I would choose.

^Edit: You could swap out the V1 tube for a 5751. Takes a bit of the bite out of most fenders.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by lespaul#1
I don't think he wants much headroom, because he plays blues and rock, that's why I reccomended the Deluxe, say, how could you add more headroom to it?

He does? all he has said is.
Quote by Guitar8000
Which is the best and why...

Fender

Not exactly the most informative.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
He does? all he has said is.

Not exactly the most informative.

Read the top of the poll.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
Read the top of the poll.

OH!
thanks!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I should have more coffee, I missed that too.
They would all work for blues or rock tho, it depends on his situation like with lespaul1. He didn't want a 4x10 to lug around, couldn't find a good twin near him priced right. More specifics would help a lot. Situations are all unique. Real budget?
Quote by gregs1020
I should have more coffee, I missed that too.
They would all work for blues or rock tho, it depends on his situation like with lespaul1. He didn't want a 4x10 to lug around, couldn't find a good twin near him priced right. More specifics would help a lot. Situations are all unique. Real budget?

I almost got the Super when they told me I'd have to wait for a Deluxe, and I could afford the Twin, but its extremely loud.
Quote by chip46
Quote by gregs1020
I missed where he posted what he plays. Am I really off this morning or ?
What his needs are would dictate which of the amps I would choose.

^Edit: You could swap out the V1 tube for a 5751. Takes a bit of the bite out of most fenders.

Would that affect the tone, and how much bite would it take?
Quote by chip46
You did the right thing based on your situation was all I was getting at.
I never rec'd you to buy new, I was holding out for something to pop on craigslist to save you some sheckles for those pups. Not that you need to save money. Its a thing with me.

We now return you to your thread TS. Sorry! *get a '59 bassman*
Quote by imgooley
This.

Yeah I saw him yesterday @ Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival and saw he was using a Super Reverb and then I saw some other guys using Twins and Deluxe and started wondering which was really the best out of all of them.
Quote by gregs1020
You did the right thing based on your situation was all I was getting at.
I never rec'd you to buy new, I was holding out for something to pop on craigslist to save you some sheckles for those pups. Not that you need to save money. Its a thing with me.

We now return you to your thread TS. Sorry! *get a '59 bassman*

+1. I bought new for the warranty for my first tube amp, plus it was on sale for $800.
Quote by chip46