I dont know
3 25%
Voters: 12.
I dont know which to choose...
BOSS ME20
or
a bunch of seperate BOSS pedals
Last edited by KdotYdotMdot at Sep 13, 2008,
Well Boss seems to be more expensive, so i'd look into other companies and used pedals too. Multi effects alter your tone too i hear, so generally separate pedals are a better choice.
Quote by Graveworm
Multi FX suck some of your tone.

I remember you! From my guitar buddy thread
Quote by KdotYdotMdot
:| is it bad i remember you?

Just that you came off as a creepy person.
Quote by Graveworm
Just that you came off as a creepy person.

Now I feel creepy... :[
A few GREAT pedals.

Not to be elitist about gear, but I always think you'll sound better and as a result, be more inspired and PLAY better with some sparing use of really high end effects, rather than a whole bunch of alright ones.

A good wah, a compressor, an overdrive, a chorus and a delay along with a good amp and guitar and your set for any gig you'll ever play imo.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Quote by Graveworm
Multi FX suck some of your tone.

So will a large number of single effects. Or even just a really long cable.

I say decent single effects pedals; in my experience multi-effects pedals never sound as good as a good single effect.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by eschaton
A few GREAT pedals.

Not to be elitist about gear, but I always think you'll sound better and as a result, be more inspired and PLAY better with some sparing use of really high end effects, rather than a whole bunch of alright ones.

A good wah, a compressor, an overdrive, a chorus and a delay along with a good amp and guitar and your set for any gig you'll ever play imo.

I personally wouldnt use a dely unless Im doing a cover song.