Page 1 of 2
Would you consider them death metal?

I know that they are a far cry for bands like Cannible Corpse, Behemoth and other death metal bands, and they may be deathcore, but I really don't know...

I didn't see them in the hardcore forum and I used the search bar. I really am just wondering.
NEW BTBAM 2009

NEW NECROPHAGIST 2009

NEW NILE 2009

NEW BEHEMOTH 2009

Have Xbox Live?
Gamer Tag: BehemothCm
they are best known as a deathcore band
Quote by Sasms
tape a chainsaw to your dick then give all of them anal

Quote by Trefellin

Make a pipe bomb and detonate it in your face. Then, persuade one of the ER doctors to leave some of the shrapnel in.
irrelevant either way
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Deathcore? I have their CD and it sounds more like metalcore to me.

EDIT: Oh wow nevermind. I totally mixed up bands. I was thinking of Silent Civilian for some reason.
Saw them live. About 75% of the people crowded around the stage looked like scene/emo/hardcore kids.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Saw them live. About 75% of the people crowded around the stage looked like scene/emo/hardcore kids.

Clearly, this is the best way to judge a band's musical genre.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
These guys dont belong here. Pretty much if people dance to them they are not here.
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
Quote by Athetosis
Clearly, this is the best way to judge a band's musical genre.

Yeah dude.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I heard one of their songs once and it had the most broken breakdown I've ever heard.....where most breakdowns go 1/2 speed this went 1/4 speed.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Deathcore is allowed in both the hardcore/metal forums.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Quote by Dust_and_Guilt
Mind telling me where it does go, then?

Bo says that it's to go in the metal forum, but everytime a thread starts up, it gets flamed, told to go to the hardcore forum and then closed.
It's an endless cycle of redundancy.

These guys are pretty average, but I'm still seeing them in December.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I heard one of their songs once and it had the most broken breakdown I've ever heard.....where most breakdowns go 1/2 speed this went 1/4 speed.

is that even a real time sig?
I thought it was called half-time and quarter-time.
without fun
hope you had a good time
yeah, but half-speed and quarter-speed sound kinda weird. idk, just the wording I guess.
without fun
hope you had a good time
Quote by tomohawkjoe
yeah, but half-speed and quarter-speed sound kinda weird. idk, just the wording I guess.

Time/Speed
Plectrum/Pick
Tomayto/Tomahto

touché
without fun
hope you had a good time
I've only heard their "Bludgeoned" single, but I liked it...the vocalist is pretty damn talented.

And the guitar is moshtastic, which helps.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
^Vocalist is no where near as talented as the album suggests. He only exhales his highs. All his lows are inhales. They are good live, even if every song sounds teh same. Just fun really.
Quote by Magero
^Vocalist is no where near as talented as the album suggests. He only exhales his highs. All his lows are inhales. They are good live, even if every song sounds teh same. Just fun really.

The lows used to annoy me. So bad.
But they've grown on me, because they're unique.

He is very unique.

Does he transition well live?
I find it hard as hell to transition smoothly, when the transition is quick, from inhales or exhales or vice versa.

Note: I only use inhales for effect. Not exclusively at all.
Gore AND Core; unite!
He kinda uses lots of them at a time. He didn't switch much. It was nearly all highs and then he would do a few lines of inhales, then take a break, then back to highs.
Quote by Magero
He kinda uses lots of them at a time. He didn't switch much. It was nearly all highs and then he would do a few lines of inhales, then take a break, then back to highs.

Ah yeah, makes sense.

That would gut me.

I love lows when they're used at the right time.

HE BETTER HAVE USED THEM FOR THE "SECONDS FROM THE END" BIT. >=[
Gore AND Core; unite!
Some of my friends are just obsessed with this band. God knows why. Average as hell.
Their cover of Deftones' "Engine Number 9" was awful. I liked the original version, as I do a lot of older Deftones material, so hearing a band attempt to make it into a "deathcore" song was a pretty terrible experience. It was probably one of the dumbest covers I've ever heard, really. I haven't heard anything else from them, but after that I really don't want to. If that's what they did to someone else's song, I can't imagine how their own material sounds.

EDIT: Also, TS, if you're not sure where a band belongs, check the stickied threads up at the top of the forum. As far as the mods are concerned, there's no such thing as "deathcore," so if people consider a band "deathcore," it goes here, not the hardcore forum.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jan 4, 2009,
What, they can't comphrehend other forms of music? That's stupid. But this is a pretty good band. People are so quick to bash a band, when they don't have half the musical talent.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by randyaintdead82
this kid in my class thinks they are death metal lol

I think most of their (or Deathcore for that matter) fans think they are listening to Death Metal.

And the logo. My god, it is used so much, and is so uncreative and generic.

Well, I guess it tells you what's in the music
Quote by Da Squiz
What, they can't comphrehend other forms of music? That's stupid. But this is a pretty good band. People are so quick to bash a band, when they don't have half the musical talent.

There's putting your own twist on other forms of music and there's gang-rape performed by retards. Putting your own twist sounds like an interesting variation of the original made all your own. Gang-rape by retards sounds like a bunch of people grunting and thinking that destroying something makes them powerful.
Quote by The Kreator
I think most of their (or Deathcore for that matter) fans think they are listening to Death Metal.

And the logo. My god, it is used so much, and is so uncreative and generic.

Well, I guess it tells you what's in the music

Most people in my school call them grindcore, along with Job for a Cowboy, Glass Casket, and Whitechapel.

Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by linfield4466
Most people in my school call them grindcore, along with Job for a Cowboy, Glass Casket, and Whitechapel.

They are grindcore, not like that pussy shit Cephalic Carnage or Cattle Decapitation. Suicide Silence and Job For a Cowboy are legit.
Page 1 of 2