Hey pit, I know you guys might not see the point in this and you may say like wtf after reading this but I got into a scary car accident today (4 hours ago) and im still shooken up. I have a flight tomorrow for greece so if you guys could offer me any sort of advice to pull myself together before my trip that would be appreciated. If you have no advice at least enjoy the story.

Also, refrain from being dicks and mean about this.

Okay so I was driving home after dropping one of my friends off at home after school and it was raining so it was wet on the streets. I was driving my moms SUV (Isuzu Trooper). I had to take a left turn. After I took the left turn, my car hydroplaned a tad and then started fishtailing. I tried to countersteer but then the back gave out and my car spun out in the middle of the street twice until the back wheel hit the curb and the suv fell over on its side (drivers side so i was laying on the ground) I climbed myself out of the top and thankfully a ton of people rushed to my help and the paramedics and police came.

End result: Thankfully this turned out not too bad. The cop didn't give me a ticket (i was apparently supposed to get one for driving too fast under conditions) I had no physical injuries (not so much as a scratch) and the damage on the car consisted of a broken side view mirror and a cracked rim and broken tire.

Bad news is my parents are Greece and im supposed to meet up with them there and I wasnt supposed to be driving their car and they are going to find out due to the police report and insurance. So im ****ed and really shooken up.

So Pit, please console me.

(Also, if this thread is against the rules please delete it)
Shooken is not a word.

My opinion: Don't drive your parents car recklessly in the rain when you aren't supposed to have it anyway.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Shooken is not a word.

My opinion: Don't drive your parents car recklessly in the rain when you aren't supposed to have it anyway.

haha trust me my sister and girlfriend have both yelled at me about the same thing after this incident. I hear you loud and clear.
No advice but make sure to download that leaving on a jet plane song.

"Leavin', on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again".

You know what I mean.
Flipped your car? Thats a pretty serious accident, good thing no one else ran into you. Hopefully your insurance will cover and not dick out cause you weren't supposed to be driving it.
Quote by roger24
one time, when no-one was looking, i pooped in the hole of a accustic guitar.
Quote by puppetmaster917
Flipped your car? Thats a pretty serious accident, good thing no one else ran into you. Hopefully your insurance will cover and not dick out cause you weren't supposed to be driving it.

No im still covered under it just my parents didn't want me to drive it when they were gone.
That sucks. Atleast your ok. Good luck with the parents though. You as screwed as a drunk stripper.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
Why were you driving their car so erratically?

Umm... When i crashed my car I was just pissed off about the car. 76 chrysler by chrysler
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
For some reason, I totally read the words "Wet Pussy" in your post before anything else, and it made me crack up.

Now that I look at it again, neither of those words are in your post.

Good day, sir.
Get back in the car and keep driving. I have spun out going 60 down a highway after i had just left a really icy area. Didn't hit anything but still i guess it is just a wake up to pay more attention . Guessing ice was still stuck in the tread because it was like hydro planing even though there was no more ice and only water. (not enough to really hydro play if i had tread) I also have ran my motorcycle off the side of the road going into a turn to fast (like 80+). I knew i was going in as soon as i started breaking late and decided to ditch trying to make it and cut through a somewhat smooth area of grass. Was lucky and only got a little fish tailing on the bike and didn't wrack. I guess you learn from mistakes and don't repeat them.
sounds like the plot of some family comedy with the parents out of town and the kid by himself breaking rules
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by XeRoXyoS
Yeah I actually am really scared to start driving again.

Longer you wait the harder it will be. Just learn from your mistake and don't repeat it.
Ah well. What's done is done. Just make sure you learn something from this incident so some good can come out of it.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Quote by Telestar

you sir, are an idiot. that is a brand. the tape itself is, in fact, "duct tape", like that gentlemen just stated.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
you sir, are an idiot. that is a brand. the tape itself is, in fact, "duct tape", like that gentlemen just stated.

Yeah I know. I was just trying to redeem myself.
Quote by XeRoXyoS
Hey pit, I know you guys might not see the point in this and you may say like wtf after reading this but I got into a scary car accident today (4 hours ago) and im still shooken up. I have a flight tomorrow for greece so if you guys could offer me any sort of advice to pull myself together before my trip that would be appreciated. If you have no advice at least enjoy the story.

Also, refrain from being dicks and mean about this.

Okay so I was driving home after dropping one of my friends off at home after school and it was raining so it was wet on the streets. I was driving my moms SUV (Isuzu Trooper). I had to take a left turn. After I took the left turn, my car hydroplaned a tad and then started fishtailing. I tried to countersteer but then the back gave out and my car spun out in the middle of the street twice until the back wheel hit the curb and the suv fell over on its side (drivers side so i was laying on the ground) I climbed myself out of the top and thankfully a ton of people rushed to my help and the paramedics and police came.

End result: Thankfully this turned out not too bad. The cop didn't give me a ticket (i was apparently supposed to get one for driving too fast under conditions) I had no physical injuries (not so much as a scratch) and the damage on the car consisted of a broken side view mirror and a cracked rim and broken tire.

Bad news is my parents are Greece and im supposed to meet up with them there and I wasnt supposed to be driving their car and they are going to find out due to the police report and insurance. So im ****ed and really shooken up.

So Pit, please console me.

(Also, if this thread is against the rules please delete it)

tell your parents BEFORE the police does, oz otherwise ur fu-kd
No offense mate, but it was your own fault for 2 reasons:
1: Driving your PARENTS CAR when your not allowed to.
2: Driving too fast, especially when it's raining.

Though i feel your pain and i'll give you sympathy because i've been in a car accident before and it isnt nice at all, and 2 mates were in a bad crash a month ago, car clipped the kerb and flipped twice. Both my mates and another passenger in the car were fine apart from a few cuts and bruises.

Just be careful next time, if there is one.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Really puts that car crash JackOffJill got into last month into perspective.

You know, a proper one.

Didn't know about that, i was on holiday in Ireland, what happened?
I was driving my moms SUV (Isuzu Trooper)

that explains it, those things are known to flip over.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Moggan13
Didn't know about that, i was on holiday in Ireland, what happened?
He was in a crash with some of his siblings, broke his ankle I think, his sister got her face smashed in, or his brothers gf, the details are hazy in my brain, but basically people got hurt and cars got wrecked, you know a crash. No fatalities thankfully.

edit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=941054 this
Last edited by freedoms_stain at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
He was in a crash with some of his siblings, broke his ankle I think, his sister got her face smashed in, or his brothers gf, the details are hazy in my brain, but basically people got hurt and cars got wrecked, you know a crash. No fatalities thankfully.

Thats pretty bad, puts my "8mph into the back of a British Army Captain" incident to utter shame.