sorry if this goes anywhere else or in any other forums, but I couldn't find the answer to my question using the amazing search bar. so. now on to the question.

As of right now I have a line 6 spider 3 15w that I want to BURN. got it when I first started, and now i need a new amp for gigging and what not. I'm looking for a tube amp, extremely versitial (sp), and I need it to be rather cheap. like under $500 preferably. I play everything from RHCP, Radiohead, White Stripes, John Mayer, SRV, Clapton, to Hendrix. So pretty much I need an amp that can do it all. I'm not looking for high gain or metal-type amps, just nice cleans and passible distortion (already have a tubescreamer, so I'm set with what I want to do distortion-wise). I already looked at a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, and it seemed good for what I wanted but I decided to come to you for help. that makes you special.
so any help would be greatly appreciated
get a used peavey classic 30, then spend the rest of the money on some nice pedals
Quote by Ghold125
get a used peavey classic 30, then spend the rest of the money on some nice pedals

This would probably be great for those kinds of music.
Crate V33 212:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crate-V-Series-V33-212-33W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-487056-i1372076.gc

Enough gain on its own to do White Stripes and Radiohead, and 2 channels for the cleaner stuff.
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
I live in Tennessee, no I'm not a hick, and yes I gig. not too many large venues but I would like something that could put out if I wanted it to
specifically in tennessee?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
ah. thanks for finding that for me. I've been looking on craigslist but didn't come across that. the classic 50 is very nice and I want it, just I don't think I need 50 watts
The guy with the Delta's desperate. Hit that.

Don't judge me.
Quote by TheTheory
ah. thanks for finding that for me. I've been looking on craigslist but didn't come across that. the classic 50 is very nice and I want it, just I don't think I need 50 watts

Pull two outer power tubes, switch speaker outs, BOOM! Your Classic is 25 watts.

It worked great in mine, back when I owned it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by TheTheory
sorry but I'm only on the page of the classic 50. not seeing a first link.

its one of the links i posted.

^he's right. perfect solution.

Don't judge me.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Pull two outer power tubes, switch speaker outs, BOOM! Your Classic is 25 watts.

It worked great in mine, back when I owned it.

so you owned a classic 50 before? how did it do for you?
It was a wonderful amp. It was very versatile, and it was my first real amp.
Great cleans and great higher gain OD (not modern metal though).
Since I became more defined as a player (I play almost all blues now), I moved to a different amp more focused to the clean side of things.

Anyways, for the price it's going for, I say get it. It's a great all around amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
shit, didn't mean to do that. but yeah I feel stupid now. the delta blues is nice too. maybe I'll talk to him about it
Quote by darkarbiter7
It was a wonderful amp. It was very versatile, and it was my first real amp.
Great cleans and great higher gain OD (not modern metal though).
Since I became more defined as a player (I play almost all blues now), I moved to a different amp more focused to the clean side of things.

Anyways, for the price it's going for, I say get it. It's a great all around amp.

so I guess for what I need it for it's pretty good. and for the price, well I can't beat that. but I don't quite have that much money so I'll offer a trade or something