Hello, I have a Jackson DKMGT Dinky. It's been a great guitar up until a week ago. All of a sudden, I found when playing it the distortion is always slightly on. I figured this was my effects pedal so I switched to a different one. The problem remained. I figured the problem was my amp, but I switched guitars and the problem was gone. The extra distortion only occurs on my Jackson. It makes it impossible to play, I cannot even access a clean channel and the distorted channels sound like crap. So, my question is 'How can I fix this?' Has anyone heard of this before? And if so, how can I fix it? Will I have to bring it into the store for service.
MAD STACKS
I opened up the cover for the jack imput and looked at the cables there. They all seemed to be in somewhat good condition, I think. Nothing really looked out of the ordinary.
MAD STACKS
Active pickups? If so change the battery, if not check the wiring and the input jack.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
I had something similar happen about 3 months ago. The input jack had a loose wire. If this is the case you can do a home repair if you can solder properly. I just brought it to the local music store, and they fixed it for maybe $15
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by Matt in Jerzey
Active pickups? If so change the battery, if not check the wiring and the input jack.
This could be it. I think I have EMG 81 and 85. How do I change the battery?
MAD STACKS
there should be a battery compartment in the back, pop it open and replace it with a fresh new 9v battery, if there is no seperate battery compartment, then its in the electronic cavity...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
you are a genious! That must be it! Theres a battery in it. Know of any common household things that I can steal a 9V from? :P
MAD STACKS
a smoke detector (bad idea) or maybe a pedal you dont use anymore.

edit: Theyre pretty expensive, but I just recommend buying a 2 pack for $5, theyll last you for a good couple months.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Last edited by EndOfNothing656 at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by EndOfNothing656

edit: Theyre pretty expensive, but I just recommend buying a 2 pack for $5, theyll last you for a good couple months.

EMG's are rated for thousands of hours playtime without changing battery. You should be getting WAY more than a couple months.

Also, the battery drains whenever the guitar cord is plugged in, regardless of if you're playing or not. Are you leaving the guitar plugged in when you're not playing? This will drain your battery pretty fast.