Can anyone give me a link to where they sell the vintage series, particualry the ftl50 in blonde?
I have a Vintage SST57 (Strat) - mine's Powder Blue and I love it - came great and it's 100% stock. I was expecting to have to change the nut, tuners and maybe pick-ups too but this baby came PURRFECT right outta the box - stays in tune for days too! My Next one will be a STL50 (Tele) - maybe with P-90s. The new crop of SX guitars from Rondo are really nice quality - everyone in the AGILE/SX forums are getting great ones now - their quality wasn't so great a year or 2 ago but now their coming just "Sweet"... Get one you'll be surprized. The high-gloss vintage maple fretboard is fast as snot and just a joy to use - the necks worth the price of the whole guitar!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
They are by far the worst guitars I have ever had the misfortune of playing. Although the guitars from Agile are great, SX has terrible build quality. The necks are horrendous. Fretting is bad, the neck was ORANGE, and and it had quite bad fret buzz. The electronics were bad, finish was bad, the sockets were coming loose. It was just a generally bad guitar.

I hate the brand so much, I immediately label anyone who owns one and likes them as a tool.

Also, the argument that I just had a lemon popped up. I didn't just try one and had bad luck, I tried many, all of them were bad.

I hate this company.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
actually you're a tool dude... I have an Agile and an SX from Rondo - both sound better than any other "affordable' copy I've tried out. The Squire's I tried out were total Junk - my Agile plays every bit as nice as most EPI's I've banged on and my SX is as good as most MIM Strats I tested out at our local GC. Oh - and you're the tool...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I would choose my squier's neck over an MIA fender. My friend has a SX strat and a SX pbass. Both have jagged fret edges. The strat's neck was orange. He had to replace the electronics for them to sound any good, the only good thing about the guitar is the body wood. THAT'S IT. They are terrible guitars, I would not play one even if you payed me to.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Good for you. I've had fine experience with them and like my SX guitars, they all play fine, sound decent, and have no aesthetic issues to speak of.
Quote by kranoscorp
I would choose my squier's neck over an MIA fender. My friend has a SX strat and a SX pbass. Both have jagged fret edges. The strat's neck was orange. He had to replace the electronics for them to sound any good, the only good thing about the guitar is the body wood. THAT'S IT. They are terrible guitars, I would not play one even if you payed me to.

Dude, chill out. They're really only 100 dollars, so how much are you expecting? Alot of people love them.
That's the thing, I have no idea why people love them. I have an insane hate of them, I would give anything to have SX wiped off the earth.

As for the cost, why not wait another $50 and get a squier? Although the body wood is not quite as good, with a squier you don't need to change half of the instrument to make it usable. Heck, save up to $300, and you got yourself a Vintage Modified squier, that thing can pound MIM fenders into the dust. To be honest, we are not talking a lot of money here. I make $150 a week, and I am still in high school. It's that small difference in cash which can drastically change your experience as a guitarist.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
I played an SX, because they came from the same 'makers' as Agile.

Seriously, it's rubbish. If you're looking for a cheap Strat, look at the Affinity Strats. They're cheap, and everyone that I've played where actually nice guitars to play, considering I was expecting them to be crap.
Cam Sampbell's my hero