I dunno if this is in the right forum here, but i have a little rant.

I don't know wether everyone i know is stupid or wether i am just crazy, but they all seem to be intent on making cover bands and seeing cover bands, even when there is perfect opportunities to make a good original band (and get gigs), they brush it off saying "ah yeah but if you think about it, cover bands is where the real money is", it really pisses me off, am i the only one here or do other people actually have sense?

By the way, i enjoy playing covers but i prefer making an originals band to a covers band.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
good for you. your friends suck. they shy away from wanting to do anything original to try and make money playing somebody elses tunes? make new friends.
No one should be famous for other peoples songs
-I don't believe this, my girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

-In a row?
If people want to play covers, then so what?

If they're out there getting paid to play to packed bars and making money then good on 'em.

The rest of you jaded individuals can play your originals in your room by yourselves, can then you will be cool right?

Live and let live.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by Leper_Messiah_
If people want to play covers, then so what?

If they're out there getting paid to play to packed bars and making money then good on 'em.

The rest of you jaded individuals can play your originals in your room by yourselves, can then you will be cool right?

Live and let live.

I am just saying i feel like i'm going crazy here because alot of musicians i know would rather settle for just doing covers rather than actually making an effort to do something original.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Look on the bright side you will be the one guy doing original stuff separating you from everyone else and get you more attention.
I ee the advantages and disadvantages of it, but I am personally against it. I think cover bands are amateur and playing in a cover band really isn't going to potentially get you anywhere. I mean, as a cover band, the farthest you are going to get will be playing pubs or maybe, small scale arenas. I personally have neevr been to see a tribute band, nor will I, because I don't find it invigorating to see a band play another's songs and try in every way to exactly replicate another's efforts. I find depth and enjoyment in diversity and originality but that's me. I think being a cover band is a great way to start out, until you have the initiative and the ability to start writing songs of your own. I honestly think playing covers is so boring unless you put some sort of individuality into it and make it your own.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Playing your own music, no matter how good it is in your local still constitutes being amateur. It gives bands the experience of being on stage and learning different styles of music. If there were no cover bands the global music scene would be a very very dull place.
I thought cover bands made almost nothing.....

I like makin originals way more than playin covres anyway, gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Quote by KiErAn123
k.

Urdoinitrong.

K, koo.

I never get to see any bands play, so... I don't really care.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile