im going to spend 13k-15k tomorrow on a volvo s60 need some advice before i buy it

im about to buy a volvo s60 2.5t tomorrow that is priced at 12,999 but with papers and everything it will get close to 14k-15k

i just need some advice or opinions on the car if you seen drove one or seen reports on it i just dont want to spend 13k-15k then regret it since is a bunch of money and im not working currently because im a full time student

you probably have seen my other threads asking about cars this is my last one hopefully

i looked at
1.mazda3 2004-2005
2.nissan altima 2003-2004
3.bmw 325i 2001-2003 havent had the chance to test it
4.mazda 6 2004-2005
5.protege 5s 2000 something

and out all this cars the volvo s60 has caught my eye being the best at acceleration,interior styling,exterior,safety,

more specs on the car is 2004 volvo s60 the version 2.5t with turbo on it

i asked for other suggestions on cars close to the budget of being 13k max for the car not counting the papers and stuff

a few questions
are volvos more expensive to service than bmws?
is there other better cars for the price?

any opinions advice,tips anything so i dont mess tomorrow when i buy the car are appreciate
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Buy a motorcycle and save money that you will need for gas when it goes over 8$ because of this hurricane and people being retarded.
Volvos rock.

i have an 850 turbo and it kicks ass. It can whoop a mustang. I dont know shit about cars but my friend told me its fast so im going on his word.

I love my volvo, its a 1996 btw. I wouldnt take a 2008 lexus over it.
dollars or pounds?
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Good car man. Really really safe. Its covered in air bags everywhere. Almost impossible to get hurt in it lol. Drives nice too. Its really low to the ground though.

Its not my favorite Ive ever driven but its a nice luxury car.
why spend 13k on a car when you could just buy a good running junk car for 1-2k?

Just my opinion though
Don't buy it? Look for a used car for like 2 grand then spend a week or two fixing it up for 2 grand if that. Personally I bought an 85 rx-7 for 1800 and spent 2000 fixing it up. If you actually do your research and look for some used cars chances are you will find a hidden gem.
we have a 2004 nissan altima, GREAT car, not a single problem with it yet, and it has 100k on it. highly recommended
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
why not an audi

well what kind of audi lol

but really for 13 grand you can get an 03-04 nissan 350Z. Better idea in my opinion if you are into that

space is something nice to have on the car for example if i visit my sister that is on gainesville i be driving for 4-6 hours and i need to bring my dad and some luggage so that's one reason im not particular interested on that car but is pretty cool and also im not fond of coupes since my car right now is a coupe and is a pain in the ass when somebody wants to get off the car or you need to ptu something on your backseat

why spend 13k on a car when you could just buy a good running junk car for 1-2k?

Just my opinion though

i be driving the car for years so i want it to last and i want to enjoy the car

dollars or pounds?

dollars
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
like an audi a4 or something of the like. you will not regret buying a car with quattro.
out of that list i would get the mazda, it's so much more popular therefore service and parts are so much cheaper.

my grandpa has a volvo s70 it looks really nice inside, i'm sure the s60 is too

is this your first car? if so and if you don't know much about cars i suggest spending less on a car..

if you end up deciding on getting the volvo do some homework and find out if theres a volvo factory in whatever country your in
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
out of that list i would get the mazda, it's so much more popular therefore service and parts are so much cheaper.

my grandpa has a volvo s70 it looks really nice inside, i'm sure the s60 is too

is this your first car? if so and if you don't know much about cars i suggest spending less on a car..

if you end up deciding on getting the volvo do some homework and find out if theres a volvo factory in whatever country your in

i took into consideration the mazda 3 alot of but the gas i would save a year is not as much since the difference is very little i decide the volvo is worth the price it has good acceleration compare to the mazda 3 has plenty of airbags, has leather seats all the other mazdas i saw dint have leather and is just comfortable and nice

Great car, I have a 2004, for the price, I don't think you can get anything better, me only complaint is the really wide turning radius, it sometimes makes it hard to park.

is there special maintenace because the car has turbo? my friend told me that you have to 2 to oil changes one for the engine and a special for the turbo is that true?

Don't buy it? Look for a used car for like 2 grand then spend a week or two fixing it up for 2 grand if that. Personally I bought an 85 rx-7 for 1800 and spent 2000 fixing it up. If you actually do your research and look for some used cars chances are you will find a hidden gem.

problem with that im not a mechanic my dad knows how to fix some stuff and work on engines but he is old 70 years
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit

Just my opinion though

+134324
I'm a proud owner of a 2001 S60 and I'd just like to say that mine is fantastic. I'd highly recommend the car to anyone, it's a really good value for the level of luxury it offers.

The only downside is that it doesn't get the best gas milage (19 & 26)
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Volvo 240

//Thread
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
today i went to see the volvo again but the damm dealer is damm stingy he wont drop the damm dealer fee that is 690 dollars

and that is all i can spend
car is priced at 13k -250 coupon about 12,750 and i need to pay 6% tax

780 tax
200 registration and plate
699 dealer preparation

14,679 about it will come in the end

13,980 without dealer fee is all i can spend and my dad is letting me borrow 2k to reach 14k

god im pist what douchebags they wont let you drop price nothing zero
im paying cash all of it
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Why spend all that money on a piece of sh1t everyone has? Buy something with a bit of character.....
Why spend all that money on a piece of sh1t everyone has? Buy something with a bit of character.....

because if everybody has more of that car im more likely to find parts at the junkyard and it be easier for me to find parts for it

i tested other cars but the volvo has the most comfortable, the best acceleration , the safest car and the nices interior i seen on a car
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
wow! NICE suggestion, Big_Rat

oh wait a minute...you haven't really suggested anything helpful!!!! typical douchebag comment :p

are there any other dealers around? a friend of mine bought his for 12k (thats without tax)
My Spanish Hearts
are there any other dealers around? a friend of mine bought his for 12k (thats without tax)

what year is the car? and what engine the one im looking at is 2.5t and it has turbo is a 2004
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
a little update

i put the deposit on the car and found a better deal a volvo s60 2005 metallic blueish gray

this color just like that

i got to go to the bank and get a check for 13000 dollars on monday

there were some little things car had but dealer say he was going to repair the
gas tank little door dint close properly so he was going to replace that, and sunroof needed some lubrication besides that the car was in a really sweet sweet condition and i managed to avoid the other dealer fee that was 699 damm pricks

besides that i was looking what i need to keep the car in good condition i was thinking of seat covers or maybe something to take care of the leather and probably something to put on window to take care of interior so it doesnt get too hot

im a happy man XD
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
go for the turbo!
also better gas mileage