How good is this line of amps? thinkin about getting the 50 watt one, it's $380. I play metal and shred. Would this be a good amp for me? If there's better in the price range I'd like to know.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
there great amps for the price, yea if you are gigging then get the 50 watt version but if not then 30 just like said in the above post.
i plan on getting the fifty watt soon.
they have a power attenuator which is awesome and come damn close to tube tone.
To muddy for me. try before you buy.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
So I can switch it back and forth between making it sound like a tube to a solid state right? That's one of the main reasons I'm looking at this amp.
Quote by RabbidWolf
So I can switch it back and forth between making it sound like a tube to a solid state right? That's one of the main reasons I'm looking at this amp.

What is the diff?
Quote by Guit4rG0d
What is the diff?

Tube amps are warmer, Solid States are harsher. Atleast to my ears
well i have the 100 watt one, and yeah its a good amp for the price. its not gonna beat the sound of a marshall or anything, but its still a good amp. you also might be interested in the newer valvetronix xl. its designed for metal. i haven't tried it, but i would have checked it out if it was around when i got my amp.
I notice you've got a GT6, Maybe look at an Atomic. The 18 watts is like $70 more and it will certainly get you the volume.

Ah $120 more. prices went up since the last time I looked.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by scott58
I notice you've got a GT6, Maybe look at an Atomic. The 18 watts is like $70 more and it will certainly get you the volume.

an atomic?
Quote by RabbidWolf

It's a solid state amp with a single tube as a slave power amp.

The non-XL version is good for up to thrash and can get a nice chunk with a boost.

No experience with the XL.

Good buy for the money.
Quote by RabbidWolf
an atomic?

http://www.atomicamps.com/
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by imgooley
It's a solid state amp with a single tube as a slave power amp.

The non-XL version is good for up to thrash and can get a nice chunk with a boost.

No experience with the XL.

Good buy for the money.

Could it pull off a Pantera tone?
Quote by RabbidWolf
Could it pull off a Pantera tone?

Yes.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^If you're looking at mostly playing metal, I'd be more inclined to look at a Roland Cube 60.

but I'm not, I just wanna make sure it can handle the metal that I like to play. Thanks for your help everyone, I'll check one out
Quote by forsaknazrael
Gotcha. Well, I would say the Vox is more capable of blues, classic rock type of tones, but can do more modern and metal tones, too.
The Cube is better at higher gain and metal tones, but is also capable of blues and classic rock.

you bastard.. way to get me thinkin about something else. I guess I already have a Fender for the softer stuff, maybe get the Cube for some metulz!!! lol
k I'll do that, appreciate the help
until my dad told me he would help me get a real tube amp as a birthday present, I was about to buy either this or a roland cube 60. These are really good amps for what you pay, that is if you want a british voiced amp.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by scott58
To muddy for me. try before you buy.

+1
Hate these amps, don't understand the glowing reviews they get.
i have a microcube and it owns, so id say get the cube 60
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
The clean tone on the Valvetronix with chorus and reverb is godlike. With my stock Schecter Omen Extreme I can get the tone of the intro of Pull Me Under brilliantly.
I use a Vox amp, AD15VT to be exact, great effects, great distortion and clean, two channels + the preset = 3 channels for saving guitar sounds...i highly prefer Vox
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death ->
The Anciet King of Macedonia - Alexander the Great