well, I have no idea how, but the top side of my pick-up like... fell inside

I took it apart and it just looks like the screw on the top side that raises or lowers the pickup somehow unscrewed itself. I had to unscrew the other side to get it out too... now how do I get the screw to go back on? I can't find a way to keep the pick up high enough to put the screws in

HELP!
got to thread the screw back on the pickup and the spring goes in the middle of them, you have to take the pickup out to reset it
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
take the whole thing out, its really pretty easy and you should know how to fix something that mechanically easy and know how to fix your own equipment
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
just remove the strings and remove the pickup by unscrewing the four screws. I recommend that you buy longer screws. Thats what i did. I took the screw to a local boat shop and I got stainless steel ones
damn I've gotta take the whole thing out? [edited because of stupidity]

and I knew how to fix it as it's simple, the problem's getting it in a position where I can get the screw back in. I know how to work on my shit, but I've never had to mess with my pickups much, and I wanted to know if there was some way I couldn't think of that didn't include taking off the strings since I don't have any spares

Doubledit: ok, I got it fixed. And I didn't even have to take the strings off! I just loosened em up so much that the pickup could get out without scratching the finish.

anyway, moral of the story: don't be an idiot and run to UG for help before even trying to fix it.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Sep 13, 2008,