so i was looking for a drummer to complete the line-up of my new band and this one guy got up with me via myspace and asked if he could "audition" so i was like sure. i've been turning an old tobacco barn near my house into a rehearsal space for the past few weeks and i had been working in there all day. i was hot and tired and all that stuff and this guy calls me up and starts talking about playing and informs me he has a blast beat thats equal to thirty pounds of shit in my pants. i lawled

that backstory was unnecessary but whatever. anyway has anyone else ever heard some one over-hype there playing using a hilarious phrase.

ps he did indeed have a blast beat equal to 30 pounds of shit in my pants but hes a douche so no band for him.
I know of a band that had this in a banner:
"THIS ALBUM WILL SHIT YOUR PANTS

~Abraham Lincoln"

I was laughing my ass off at that for a long, long time.
...huh?

I seriously don't get it. What the hell is a blast beat?
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by I Be Andyy
...huh?

You sir, fail at music.
Quote by GuitarFreak211

~Abraham Lincoln"

lol, now that i think about it this kind of reminds me of that guy on craigslist, who said he burned down churches with his sweeps lol
Quote by I Be Andyy
...huh?

get off your ass, stop listening to fall out boy and get some real music. then maybe you will be able to comprehend a blast beat.

jesus christ, kids these days.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Wow, not every genre of music blasts. Jeez guys, play nice.

But no, I have no similar experiences.
A blast beat.. for those who don't know.. is when the drummer just "Machine guns" the snare, bass, and cymbol, ride, high-hat whatever.
Quote by aradine
get off your ass, stop listening to fall out boy and get some real music. then maybe you will be able to comprehend a blast beat.

Dude, over the top much?

If he is a good drummer, at least give him a chance, if he's still a douche after a few rehearsals, then reconsider, because a good drummer is a very useful asset.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by I Be Andyy
...huh?

it's equal to thirty pounds of shit.
Quote by dio_dude
it's equal to thirty pounds of shit.

wow, i laughed at that for about a good 5 minutes.

kudos.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by aradine

Dammit. So all my Jazz/Classical/Blues/Rock/Fat Boy Slim isn't real music?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
blast beats are stupid...

I know people that can do just that, but have no rhythm
but they insist on "playing fast"

:/
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
lol, my drummer is always coming up with crazy phrases like that on the fly. I once asked him if he lays awake at night thinking of crazy things he could say and he swore they just pop into his head.

one time we were driving into town and he was in a wife-beater shirt, dirty faded shorts, flip-flops, and had a LSU (local college football team) hat on. He said "Damn, I look like I could explain what the tornado sounded like"

and he grabs the bill of his hat and folds it in real tight, cocks it back a little and is like "Ooh man, that sum'bitch went WOO WOO, sounded like damn train WOO WOO and I heard a chuggaclickachugga but I then I saw it sucked up my truck and it musta been the beer cans rattlin in the back. And then everything went real quite... then it looked at me [crazy inbred redneck facial expression] and I saw the face of jesus!"

and then we couldn't stop laughing for like ten minutes.
Quote by IncubusMan999
Dude, over the top much?

If he is a good drummer, at least give him a chance, if he's still a douche after a few rehearsals, then reconsider, because a good drummer is a very useful asset.

Yeah and even then you might get famous. Take Metallica for example...
Quote by GuitarFreak211

~Abraham Lincoln"

Quote by GuitarFreak211

~Abraham Lincoln"

it'll do it for you?!?!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Blast beats were first used in Jazz.

Personally, I wouldn't care if my drummer was a douche. It's not like you'd ever have to talk to them.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Dammit. So all my Jazz/Classical/Blues/Rock/Fat Boy Slim isn't real music?

Actually, jazz drummers invented the blast beat, I believe.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by I Be Andyy
...huh?

Blast beats are what scene kids try....

They arent that brilliant unless they are triggered. And most bands who are signed to smaller a labels seems not able to do it for shit.

Basically you take the hand you would generally hit the snare with and cross it over to the hi hat and vice-versa. You then just basically go up and down on them and go mental with the bess pedal. however some people can do this using there hand the strandard way, but from what ive generally seen, people try it the other way round.

Although Gravity Blasts ftw
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by The4thHorsemen
and he grabs the bill of his hat and folds it in real tight, cocks it back a little and is like "Ooh man, that sum'bitch went WOO WOO, sounded like damn train WOO WOO and I heard a chuggaclickachugga but I then I saw it sucked up my truck and it musta been the beer cans rattlin in the back. And then everything went real quite... then it looked at me [crazy inbred redneck facial expression] and I saw the face of jesus!"

and then we couldn't stop laughing for like ten minutes.

Neither could I

There's this midget kid in one of my classes who says he has an SG Supreme, and can pkay akk if the Ride The Lightning album.

I don't think his hands are big enough to fit around an SG neck.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
seriously this drummer was dead serious when he told me it would put 30 pounds of shit in my pants he wasn't trying to be funny, but hes like that alll the time about everything. if he could he would have me open a song with a BIG power chord and then him just solo for 20 minutes. sort of like eruption for drums lol plus he made fun of my rehearsal space

o the arrogance!
My band doesn't have a bassist for playing live (I do it on recordings), so when anyone asks who plays bass, I tell them Satan.

...Lame, I know. :P
Quote by aradine

You're a moron...
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!