well i was jammin' out today when my guitar signal got really weak and then turned into a static , the guitar stopped making sound completly, except for when i touched the volume knob, it got really distorted and went FIZZZHHSHSSHHHSS! when i played the low E string, or any other string.

has anybody ever had this happen?

i changed cords and amps and it kept goin FIZZZHHSHSSHHHSS!

i know it's my guitar but what's wrong with it?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
it could be your amp's input also

he said he changed amps too

Take your pickguard/backplate off and look to see if all the wires and everything look intact. Look around the input jack especially. Maybe a solder job on a wire got rattled off and just needs to be soldered back on.
Quote by di$TOrTed
he said he changed amps too

Take your pickguard/backplate off and look to see if all the wires and everything look intact. Look around the input jack especially. Maybe a solder job on a wire got rattled off and just needs to be soldered back on.

the thing is i got a hollowbody
Quote by marshmellow666
the thing is i got a hollowbody

Ouch. I don't know much about those. It sounds to me like a wiring problem so i'm not sure how you are going to get to that though........ but if you can get there then just try and take a look.
Quote by marshmellow666

i like the noise you make with your type

well its might be and internal problem
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
i had a prob like this and it was my cable that wasnt going into the amp input properly and i had to jiggle it around to get it to go in
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Quote by marshmellow666
well i was jammin' out today when my guitar signal got really weak and then turned into a static , the guitar stopped making sound completly, except for when i touched the volume knob, it got really distorted and went FIZZZHHSHSSHHHSS! when i played the low E string, or any other string.

has anybody ever had this happen?

your guitar makes fish noises?

no seriously, take it to your local music store.
Last edited by Zyl at Sep 13, 2008,
this happened to my brother's kramer focus from the 80s.

my dad took off the pickguard and had to rewire it.

dunno about hollowbody guitars though.....
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^