SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED!

First off, this thread is ONLY for submissions.

If you would like to sign up as a judge or participant, complain about how we chose a **** genre, have any questions regarding the competition, etc. then go to the competition signup thread.

For those of you who refuse to read titles, the theme of this competition is Post-Hardcore. If you aren't familiar with the genre then you can have a look at the wikipedia article, which I ever so kindly found for you. And don't worry, we won't eat you if your submission is not exactly post-hardcore, but it must be similar.

Rules:
~ The piece must be new, you can not use pieces you've written in the past.
~ You must include a midi file with your submission. Guitar Pro files aren't compulsory as not everyone has Guitar Pro, but they are appreciated.

Judges:
Its_Rock77
Cameronrobson
Friendly Stoat
bloodshed344
metalminded07
If you would like to judge, it would be really appreciated.

Participants:
Regression
Its_Rock77
Of_Wolves
Broadsword
Friendly Stoat
JesseBlanchard
chromaticvision
ctb
ninja.kitty
Thomasoman
Slaytanic1993
craxymaxy

Submissions Deadline: October 13!
Last edited by Regression at Oct 18, 2008,
Can I submit mine? It's in my sig
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Count me in, I need to get out of my metal shell.

And Friendly Stoat, the way the competitions have been working is that you have to create a new song for just the competition.

Oh OK, my bad, thanks!
I'll get to work

EDIT - to below post: Sorry, I just didn't understand entirely what you meant, I'm just being a bit of a n00b I'll edit this post with mine when it's done, thanks for adding me.

EDIT 2 - Here's my entry.
Attachments:
Post Hardcore Comp Entry.zip
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Last edited by Friendly Stoat at Sep 14, 2008,
Count me in!

I begin my research and looking up a trillion bands on Youtube now!
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
This Is Ninja.Kitty's Song!
Attachments:
ugthing3.zip
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Since I've been writing stuff outside of this, I thought I'd post my song so it doesn't look like I'm neglecting the comp .
Attachments:
yep.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Alright, here's my entry. Not bad at all for someone who has never listened to/written Post-Hardcore before, if I say so myself . Well, I think it's Post-Hardcore, feel free to kick me in the nuts if it's not.

I wasn't sure if we were supposed to add a vocal line or not, so I went ahead and did one. Mute it/adjust volume levels as you please, because I'm still kind of sketchy of it.
Attachments:
Post-Hardcore Comp - Broadsword.zip
They werent really written with playability in mind seeing as i really don't know much about piano. I guess you can just get a friend to help you out

When i was writing this i was looking at it from a recorded angle and not live, so it should be doable with studio magic haha.
It's possible, just very very very hard.

And remember, we have a thread for discussion.

Edit: Okay, I'm attaching my entry to this. It's awful, but I have to submit something. I'm embarassed to even associate my name with it.

I couldn't come up with any decent chorus, so just stuck in that one, and yeahh. Judges can skip the repeat, and the outro is only a little variation. Copy and paste ftw? Not in this case.

I vote we do an acoustic competition next. I have been coming up with alot of cool acoustic things lately, although I've been adding lots of strings and flutes. Yeahh, it's off to bed now, and tommorow I get yelled at for not writing my speech/failing my exams. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

GP 5.0 and Midi. Import midi if you only have GP4.
Attachments:
Post-Hardcore Competition - Regression.zip
Last edited by Regression at Oct 12, 2008,
i'll be a judge
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
ok, i've ended mine and submitting it before i forget about the deadline.

GP5/4/.midi.
sounds kinda semicool in my opinion. not really a contest winner but I'm satisfied.

I suppose I should be getting to judging now. I promise that I'll get all my scores in as soon as possible.

and I didn't bother with the midi since it's impossible for me to win anyways. but if anyone really wants me to put it up let me know.
Attachments:
0-5-7-8-5-7.zip

if you are a judge, get judging.