Poll: So, txting words on internet bug you?
Poll Options
View poll results: So, txting words on internet bug you?
Yes it bugs me too.
43 65%
No stfu u nub!
4 6%
Doesn't bother me either way.
19 29%
Voters: 66.
More and more I am seeing people using txting abbreviations on the internet and it bugs the hell out of me. The point of txting abbreviations are to make it faster to txt and it does make it a lot easier. But when i'm on the computer I try to use a decent amount of grammar rather than just type u, luv, h8, etc.

So I shall ask UG with a poll*

*edit*

oops lol
Last edited by Guitarfreak777 at Sep 13, 2008,
It shits me when they txt type when it is just as easy to talk normally. I know people who use "Lyke" instead of like which is just pointless.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
It's the walking while texting that kills me. There will always be that retard that gets so into their text about whatever meaningless crap they just did (nobody cares that you ate too much at Arby's, dick) that they can no longer walk in a straight line. Of course they bump into you and instead of looking up they stop, continue texting and with hesitant, quivering lips they eventually let out a half assed apology before getting on their way.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Poll*
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by terrencemaddox
It's the walking while texting that kills me. There will always be that retard that gets so into their text about whatever meaningless crap they just did (nobody cares that you ate too much at Arby's, dick) that they can no longer walk in a straight line. Of course they bump into you and instead of looking up they stop, continue texting and with hesitant, quivering lips they eventually let out a half assed apology before getting on their way.

I dislike them so much.

Actually, something that pisses me off more is when people you are with (if you are at dinner or something) slowly stop conversing with you for a few seconds to send out a text message. Is it REALLY THAT IMPORTANT? IS IT!?!?!

I never send out text messages - only receive them. Any form of communication except direct, personal dialogue pisses me off. Except forums of course.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
It's people that use zeros as o's that piss me off.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
It's people that use zeros as o's that piss me off.

It's people that use apostrophes in plural words that piss me off.

You are forgiven though, because you are awesome.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Yeah, I have a friend who never stops texting. It's a bit insulting if they are there to hang out with you, but end up spending most of their time messing with their phone.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Damn I hate people like that.
It seems more and more people in my school are getting sucked into that kind of stuff ( Junior in HS)
I swear to God, I noticed half the class texting at the same goddamned time.
i know class is boring but come on!
Plus it's near death impossible to hold a conversation whenever they stop just for a second to text back.
Am I not important enough that you need to have 2 conversations at the same time?!

/rant
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by darkstar2466
I dislike them so much.

Actually, something that pisses me off more is when people you are with (if you are at dinner or something) slowly stop conversing with you for a few seconds to send out a text message. Is it REALLY THAT IMPORTANT? IS IT!?!?!

I never send out text messages - only receive them. Any form of communication except direct, personal dialogue pisses me off. Except forums of course.

It's really sad but i've texted for so long that I can text without looking, while talking to someone, or even while eating. I can do the same with typing, it doesn't actually take away from what i'm doing.

Just like I can type while i'm talking to other people about things taht are completely unrelated to what i'm writing, and I can play guitar and talk, or fret while I type (one handed) or any of that stuff.

It annoys me though when people who can't do it, do that. And they're trying to do two things at once and can't, ffs just stop one thing, I don't care if ew're having a conversation and you say "just let me finish this quickly", it doesn't offend me, just stop confusing your poor little brain you waste of oxygen.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by terrencemaddox

You can find solace in the fact that the person will probably injure himself/herself while doing this.
Quote by InvaderTSN
You can find solace in the fact that the person will probably injure himself/herself while doing this.

True, and have we done this before?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by Auals
It's really sad but i've texted for so long that I can text without looking, while talking to someone, or even while eating. I can do the same with typing, it doesn't actually take away from what i'm doing.

Just like I can type while i'm talking to other people about things taht are completely unrelated to what i'm writing, and I can play guitar and talk, or fret while I type (one handed) or any of that stuff.

It annoys me though when people who can't do it, do that. And they're trying to do two things at once and can't, ffs just stop one thing, I don't care if ew're having a conversation and you say "just let me finish this quickly", it doesn't offend me, just stop confusing your poor little brain you waste of oxygen.

Even then, you should give your undivided attention to the speaker when you are talking with someone else. If a text message is more important than what the other person has to say, no matter the content of the text message, that's a pretty bad thing.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by terrencemaddox
True, and have we done this before?

I'm intelligent enough to stand in one place while texting. I'm not, however, intelligent enough to stand in one place while choosing my next iPod song.
Quote by darkstar2466
lol i </3 thm so much

actully, smthn that pises me of more is when ppl u r with (at dinner or w/e) stop talkn w/ u 4 a few secs 2 send out a txt. is it RLY THT IMPRTENT?

i nva send out txt msgs - only get thm. any 4m f communicashion xcpt direct, psnl chat pisses me of. xcept forums of course lol.

Dear god...
Don't they have padded lampposts in London so that people don't hurt themselves while they walk and text?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by InvaderTSN
I'm intelligent enough to stand in one place while texting. I'm not, however, intelligent enough to stand in one place while choosing my next iPod song.

I meant I think I bitched about text-walkers in another thread (just like I just did) and you said something similar to me in response. I think we did the same thing twice. Why do I remember that? I don't know, but I think it happened.

And sorry, my response wasn't clear at all
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by soulflyV
Dear god...

yea dats wut txting dos 2 u i dunt rly care 4 englsh 2 much so is ok 4 me but othr ppl haev der heds burid dep in der ases wit zomg englsh parfecton jeez leik liten up dued
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Even then, you should give your undivided attention to the speaker when you are talking with someone else. If a text message is more important than what the other person has to say, no matter the content of the text message, that's a pretty bad thing.

But they have my attention, half the time people don't even realise I'm texting until my phone goes off again and they ask. I don't have my phone in front of me, it's normally in my hand just down by my side, near my pocket or even in it (though that looks kinda suss) so yeah.

I admit that it can be rude, but i only reply right then if the topic is important OR if the conversation I'm having bores me.

People tend to bore me quickly so I spose that I'm rude naturally.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
Quote by terrencemaddox
I meant I think I bitched about text-walkers in another thread (just like I just did) and you said something similar to me in response. I think we did the same thing twice. Why do I remember that? I don't know, but I think it happened.

Was it that thread about how it was illegal to text while walking someplace? I remember making a comment like, "If you die from walking while texting, you deserve it." or something like that.

Seriously though, if you injure yourself while texting, you deserve everything that happens to you.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Was it that thread about how it was illegal to text while walking someplace? I remember making a comment like, "If you die from walking while texting, you deserve it." or something like that.

Seriously, if you injure yourself while texting, you deserve everything that happens to you.

Yes, I think so. Actually, I'm positive that was it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by terrencemaddox
Yes, I think so. Actually, I'm positive that was it.

Yeah. I remember that thread. People are fucking stupid.
Quote by Auals
People tend to bore me quickly so I spose that I'm rude naturally.

Please don't let it get to the point where you prefer pushing buttons on a piece of junk to having a face-to-face conversation with a person.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by InvaderTSN
Yeah. I remember that thread. People are fucking stupid.

Yeah.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by darkstar2466
Please don't let it get to the point where you prefer pushing buttons on a piece of junk to having a face-to-face conversation with a person.

Oh definitely not. I teach guitar and play in bands so I'm out with people every day. But I have Anxiety/Depression issues so I've been there, 2006, I spent more time on UG than I did talking to other people, I lived through MSN and text even though I went to school. I am NEVER letting that happen again, but on the same note, I don't really want to talk to someone about how their shoes don't fit this morning.

I tend to have a few people who I talk to who know how to keep me entertained without feeling the need to fill every waking second with chatter. I'm over the depression (basically) but my Anxiety spikes a lot so sometimes text is the only way I can communicate with people because actually calling people is one of the things that triggers my anxiety (it's stupid, I know)

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
Quote by Auals
I tend to have a few people who I talk to who know how to keep me entertained without feeling the need to fill every waking second with chatter. I'm over the depression (basically) but my Anxiety spikes a lot so sometimes text is the only way I can communicate with people because actually calling people is one of the things that triggers my anxiety (it's stupid, I know)

Well that's a good explanation. Text away mang.

As for others who don't have an anxiety trigger from speaking on the phone...

One thing that pisses me off like none other is when the 10-17 year-olds at skateparks stand like statues in the middle of some obstacle, texting away. Is it really that important that the person had to stop in the middle of the park to reply to a message that was most likely "sup"?

liek totaly ghey
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Sep 13, 2008,
Whoops, I thought you meant does texting bug you, soz
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
I doesn't bother me but I generally give more credit to those people who put more effort in their writing than lol soz bt tht. Also, I respect them more because I think that writing as close to flawlessness as one can shows maturity.

One funny thing, too. Does anyone find it funny odd that teenagers who use short aggregations are mostly British and American? I mean - they're the one that speak English as a native tongue, for god's sake! What's up with that? (oh and I left out the Indians because they even don't have a clue that it's possible to speak - what we call - normal English)
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BloodMoon666
I left out the Indians because they even don't have a clue that it's possible to speak - what we call - normal English

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by terrencemaddox
Yeah.

Saw a guy skating on the street while texting, cars were going by, and he wasn't even looking forward. He was fixated on the phone. I just watched and went in my mind.
Quote by BloodMoon666
I doesn't bother me but I generally give more credit to those people who put more effort in their writing than lol soz bt tht. Also, I respect them more because I think that writing as close to flawlessness as one can shows maturity.

One funny thing, too. Does anyone find it funny odd that teenagers who use short aggregations are mostly British and American? I mean - they're the one that speak English as a native tongue, for god's sake! What's up with that? (oh and I left out the Indians because they even don't have a clue that it's possible to speak - what we call - normal English)

having talked to many of them, English is NOT America's first language, they speak American right?

And I agree about writing showing maturity. As a writer I'm a little bit more pedantic than your average. I've been known to have fights with people over the correct spelling of words or how the english language is not theirs to control, even though I use my poetic license when writing. Hypocrisy? No, because I know how to spell properly in the first place.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
Quote by InvaderTSN
Saw a guy skating on the street while texting, cars were going by, and he wasn't even looking forward. He was fixated on the phone. I just watched and went in my mind.

You should have pushed that fucker off his skateboard and snapped it in half.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
The #1 thing that bugs me is when someone sends me a short text like
"ok" or "thanx" which is a waste of my minutes....

Also the clicking of the keys in a class gets annoying after a while which is why my school has a no cell phone policy for most of the classes. Students must turn them off and keep then in their pockets.

As for me, I never liked texts...they are a slow way to type and would much prefer simply calling the other person for a few seconds...much easier
I don't mind "u" and "2" in texting, but when you type like that it pisses me off. For example: U. You have to type in two extra letters. Two. Fucking. Letters.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.