i'm thinking about adding a floyd-rose (actually an Ibanez ZR 2) bridge to my axe but it's got a set neck and it does not have a locking nut.

could i just swap out my tuners for locking tuners to serve the same purpose as a locking nut.

everything else about the guitar is perfect i just need a better trem.
To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world.
Nope, it will have tuning stability issues...

Look up the Shred-X Gibson explorer, this has locking tuners and a khaler trem and in a video it goes out of tune every time he touches the bloody thing lol...
It's nearly always a better idea to buy a guitar with a good trem on it than buying a guitar to put a trem on.

I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Actually it depends on how much you use the trem,

if you have a decent trem (Ibanez edge pro, or ZR etc) a graphite nut and decent locking tuners you can get away with no locking nut, but only for light trem use (ala Chris Broderick), vibrato etc and the occasional dive bomb, but dont expect it to stay in tune for as long as a locking nut if your playing dragon force.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Yeah. I'd really suggest a locking nut.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.