Im looking to change the frets on my guitar (ibanez RG 370 DX).
I came across these fret wires from jim dunlop called accu-fret.
there are various models tho, eg 6110,6130 etc.
can anyone tell me which model from here http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/hardware_fretwiredunlop.htm would suit my guitar the best?
thank you
Set up:-
Kustom Sound 40W Guitar Amp
Marshall MG15 CD
Zoom 707 II (surprisingly good..)
VOX Tonelab ST
Jackson DK2M (Seymour duncan TB4 and the SD jazz)
Fret size is personal preference. I like them low and fat but my friend, who loves to play the same stuff that I love to play, likes hers tall and fat.
If you want it to feel the same, you're going to have to measure your current frets or find out what size they are through Ibanez
i think id prefer a similar feel. I'll try and find out what sizes they use.
thanks
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST
Quote by Aditya
i think id prefer a similar feel. I'll try and find out what sizes they use.
thanks

Then why are you changing them?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
Then why are you changing them?

cause of a fret profiling job my friend tried out on them that went bad
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST
As has been said there is no perfect fret wire size for everybody. Its why there are so many sizes to chose from. Just like people like different flavors of icecream. I have medium jumbo stainless in all my guitars.
One of my personal favourites is medium jumbo. But recently I got a neck with mediums on (thinner and slightly taller) which I like as well. Point being, It's all personal choice. Somthing around medium (jumbo) is a popular choice but whatever you like go for.

On the RG370 I had, the frets were jumbos. They were comfortable, but not my to my liking really.
thanks a lot everyone.. i think medium jumbos should be fine.
cheers
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST
Is your same friend going to refret your guitar for you now?

Bevelling the frets correctly is a pretty difficult procedure, and its what prevents you from having sharp fret ends that tear up your hands.

Once all the frets are in, its back to doing the fret level that your friend just screwed up.

Some things are best left to a professional. (unless you don't care so much about the outcome with this guitar)
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
^either that

or buy an extra set and practice on an extra piece of scrap wood...cause unless ur
a) a pro or
b) have fretted before,
ur screwed....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by zeroyon
Is your same friend going to refret your guitar for you now?

Bevelling the frets correctly is a pretty difficult procedure, and its what prevents you from having sharp fret ends that tear up your hands.

Once all the frets are in, its back to doing the fret level that your friend just screwed up.

Some things are best left to a professional. (unless you don't care so much about the outcome with this guitar)

Lol no.. im going to a proper luthier this time around!
is there any specific brand that is generally prefered?
Marshall MG15 CD
VOX Tonelab ST