Poll: If you could have any neck you wanted on your dream guitar, what would it me?
Poll Options
View poll results: If you could have any neck you wanted on your dream guitar, what would it me?
Bolt On
18 23%
Set Neck
10 13%
Neck Thru
52 65%
Voters: 80.
Neck thru for me too. Because it allows for the hell to be smoothed down allowing perfect access to the upper frets, without weakening the joint because there is no joint.

Also the neck profile would basically be the same as an ibanez Artist.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
My dream guitar is a strat, and a strat has bolt on. So my dream guitar would have a bolt on neck.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
My dream guitar is a strat, and a strat has bolt on. So my dream guitar would have a bolt on neck.

what he said.. seriously
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Bolt on 5 piece Wizard-7 made of maple with two bloodwood stripes.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by Serjem
what he said.. seriously

I have a strat with a V profiled neck. It's like butter until the 19th fret... then you have to grow base ball mits for fingers. I love bolt on's, but the large tendon kills me. They usually have a spunkier sound then set's and thru's.
Neck- Through for reasons stated by others. I really dislike bolt ons but I like my set neck guitar apart from the heel hthat obstructs a couple of the frets.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Neck-thru all the way... I'm for the sustain of that neck all the way.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Hultan

Quote by Serjem
what he said.. seriously

What the hell is wrong with you two?
Quote by jacobparker
What the hell is wrong with you two?

Whats up with the negativity here towards bolt on necks? If you think they are bad then you have no idea and are just riding the bandwagon. Bolt on's are not bad, nor are they cheap. Its a personal preference and one that I also prefer.

If you still wanna bitch and moan and try and convince me bolt on's are bad, I will reply with 2 answers....

Fender Stratocaster
and
Eric Johnson
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Since there isn't a heelless set neck option, I voted neck thru.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
its true bolt on desgin has a snappier sound to it
Bolt on for the twang.

I'd have two dream guitars though, a great Strat and a great SG. Two different sounds for different things. Hell, maybe even a tele.

Bolt on is amazing for the bright twang and punch for blues, while the set neck on an SG mellows the tone out and makes it sing. Still suitable for blues, but it needs great EQing and some driven signal, or bright pickups. Single coils help too I guess.

Neck through is an acquired taste, and I don't really like the overly mellow sound, I'll let all you metalheads stick your EMGs in and kill the tone anyway

(just joking. Horses for courses)
Neck-thru for me, but I'd have a natural finish on it, like the KXK Sii-7's, that's the basic equivalent for a dream guitar for me.
Only 2 of my 5 favorite guitars come in neck through... so I guess bolt on AND neck through?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Neck through, i want better fret access.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Bolt on, with AANJ or at least a sculpted heal ala the 20th Ani RGs. its been a very long time since ive tried a Neck-Through, so i cant really compare to that. the one i do remember trying had terrible action so it wouldnt be fair to judge.