Well,
I have a great laptop etc. but the only things that im not satisfied with are the Harddrive (40 Gb) and the ram (1 gb)
so , can they be replaced by normal components, or do i need special laptop stuff?
kthxbai.
That will depend on what laptop it is.

You might aswell just get an external hard drive though.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
That will depend on what laptop it is.

You might aswell just get an external hard drive though.

Its a HP nc6000 . and for all the other people, im not gonna buy a new one.
And im not planning on a external harddrive as i would like a internal HD :P
kthxbai.
you need special laptop stuff

they use both smaller sticks of RAM and smaller format harddrives (2.5")
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
Its a HP nc6000 . and for all the other people, im not gonna buy a new one.
And im not planning on a external harddrive as i would like a internal HD :P

Dude, I searched the specs for that model, it has a 735MHZ processor?

I can fucking run faster than that.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Dude, I searched the specs for that model, it has a 735MHZ processor?

I can fucking run faster than that.

then you looked at the wrong model man :P they have diffrent types .
But if i wanted a new laptop, what would you people recommend for about 600-700 euro's? i guess thats about 800 dollars?
kthxbai.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
then you looked at the wrong model man :P they have diffrent types .
But if i wanted a new laptop, what would you people recommend for about 600-700 euro's? i guess thats about 800 dollars?

The new Dell range.

I think the stock versions (1.86GHz T2390, 2MB RAM, 250GB HD) of the Studio 15 and Studio 17 are £399 and £429 respectively (that's VAT and P&P inclusive). So that's €500-€550 depending on whether you want a 15.4" or a 17". Then you still have another €50-€150 to upgrade the processor/ram/HD/features/warranty when you order direct from Dell.

And they also have a dedicated parts, supplies and upgrades website if you want to upgrade and replace down the line.

That said I have no idea what kind of laptop you're looking for, but I can't find anything else online or in the shops with that spec/buck ratio.