I love a good use of the Wah Wah, Slash definately knows how to use it. Who else can you think of? Morello being an effects master also uses it fairly well.
hendrix is probably a good bet in terms of well-known musicians. Theres probably a hefty number of modern-day funk/fusion guitarists that put their wah to amazing use though
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
petrucci uses it, kirk hammet, zakk wylde. the list goes on
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Hendrix does it for me!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
John Frusciante did some good Wah solos on Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Slash and Morello are good Wah users aswell.

Forgot to mention that Richie Sambora (of Bon Jovi fame for those who don't know) does a very good Wah solo in the song "Damned" and at a few other points on Bon Jovi records I think.
Last edited by aaciseric at Sep 15, 2008,
Satriani and Vai use the wah to add a more emphasize the vocal-like quality of some of their melodies.
Listen to Satriani's "Love thing".

Also, "I'm Set on You" by Rick Derringer is some of the best wah use I've ever heard.
hendrix you fools
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
What about Clapton?
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
its gotta be steve vai on "for the love of god"
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Quote by Luke.Zeppelin
still raining still dreaming - hendrix listen to that!

Yeah this guy knows what hes talking about

also check out rainy day, dream away

its kind of the same song but OW
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
I think:

1: Dave Navarro (Listen to the album "One Hot Minute")
2: John Frusciante (All of his awesome solos that you just can't avoid noticing if you listen to some of RHCP's live shows)
3: Jimi Hendrix (Do I need to say more?)
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
i honestly dont understand the mentality of the petrucci fanboys in this thread. Yes, hes an amazing guitarist. Yes, he's mastered the use of a huge number of techniques. That doesnt mean the answer to every "which guitarist does _______ the best?" has to be john petrucci every single ****ing time. :|
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
i honestly dont understand the mentality of the petrucci fanboys in this thread. Yes, hes an amazing guitarist. Yes, he's mastered the use of a huge number of techniques. That doesnt mean the answer to every "which guitarist does _______ the best?" has to be john petrucci every single ****ing time. :|

Would that be a poke at me, by any chance?

You'll notice I don't tend to post in threads like this, and Petrucci isn't my favourite guitarist of all time anyway. I just think he's actually able to use wah tastefully, unlike those who can't detach their feet from their wah for fear of the audience realising how many fuck-ups are being made.
Quote by webbtje
Not Kirk Hammet.

Petrucci knows how to use it tastefully.

Hammet makes me cringe when he uses it.

+ 1
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Is this a topic about the biggest complainer?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by webbtje
Would that be a poke at me, by any chance?

You'll notice I don't tend to post in threads like this, and Petrucci isn't my favourite guitarist of all time anyway. I just think he's actually able to use wah tastefully, unlike those who can't detach their feet from their wah for fear of the audience realising how many fuck-ups are being made.
not at all, i totally agree with you. petrucci uses it tastefully, and sparingly. It was more of a poke at the people saying things like "petrucci /thread"
Quote by mr.happyman
Andre Olbrich.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Kurt Hamet ololololololol

I like how Dime uses his, Hendrix, Clapton and Vai sound nice too.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Definantly Kirk Hammet.

Dave Murray, John Fruiscant(sp?), and if Talkbox counts Peter Frampton
Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys, Only uses it one song, Dance Little Liar, and he uses it with such skill
Ron Asheton (at least if that thread isn't only for shredders - Ron Asheton was technically really limited but what a sound he had...).
Quote by shenanigans

+ 1

Yes, live he really seems to use Wah as a way to hide his (numerous) fuck-ups.

He isn't a very inspired lead player anyway (he does have some great solos on Ride the lightning and Master of puppets though).
Last edited by happysad at May 7, 2012,
Quote by badfish_lewis
Jimi Hendrix for sure. When he used it he made it count.

I think his tone during the Band of Gypsys period is much better - than on his previous recordings - though (cf Machine Gun for instance). (EDITED)
Last edited by happysad at May 7, 2012,
Quote by happysad
Yes, live he really seems to use Wah as a way to hide his (numerous) fuck-ups.

He isn't a very inspired lead player anyway (he does have some great solos on Ride the lightning and Master of puppets though).

The second solo on Trapped Under Ice is one of my favorite solos of all time. To this day, I've never seen anyone play it correctly. Not even Kirk.
Quote by webbtje
Not Kirk Hammet.

Petrucci knows how to use it tastefully.

Quote by Lrn2shrd69
+1 and /thread.

Quote by shenanigans

+ 1

Quote by BladeSlinger
Kurt Hamet ololololololol

I like how Dime uses his, Hendrix, Clapton and Vai sound nice too.

Quote by happysad
Yes, live he really seems to use Wah as a way to hide his (numerous) ****-ups.

He isn't a very inspired lead player anyway

Davey M sure has a lot of gimmick accounts on this forum. Hi Dave!
Quote by fanapathy
Davey M sure has a lot of gimmick accounts on this forum. Hi Dave!

I have nothing to do with that guy you mention