I brought a new amp this week (a fender hot rod dx) and for some reason it is making weird "noise". it sounds like an old internet modem trying to dial up....

I've never had this issue before, but this is my first valve amp so i'm not sure if thats having an effect, I am pretty close to a wireless router, but turning it off seems to make no difference to the noise.... any ideas?

thanks
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
whenever i put my laptop near my amp i get wierd sounds so i think it could be that. move your amp away from your router & pc and see if it helps
it could be interference from anything, your phone, lights, pc in general, try turning off anything electronic in your room, if you live in a terraced house it could even be from next door, try moving the amp around.

If you play guitar sitting at your desk that tends to get my amp to sound strange.
certainly nothing to do with my guitar, the amp makes the noises even when nothing is plugged in and all the volumes/settings are turned to 0.

i live in a detached house and it makes the noise even when i move it to the other end of the house away from the computer and the router is turned off.....

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
it was brand new last week.

took it back to the store today, one of the tubes was on it's way out (probably damaged in transit) so they are getting a replacement for me

thanks

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
If I put my PSP as it plays music near my pickups, whichever is selected, I hear the song amplified, I avoid this, though because it's bad for the amp probably.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Cellular phone.

My AT&T 3G equipped phone while receiving signal makes this odd "bump bump bummmmmmmmmm" sound around any speakers. Sometimes around amps.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."