View poll results: Do you wear glasses?
Yes, all the time
52 38%
Only for reading small text
14 10%
Don't need them
70 51%
Voters: 137.
NOTE: If you wear glasses only in specific situations, including, but not limited to, driving, watching TV, seeing far away or using a computer, please choose the second poll option. I myself do not wear glasses and am not aware of all the specific situations in which one requires to wear them. I would edit the poll if I could.

Do you wear them? And how old were you when you got them?

I just realised that, like, one third of the people in my grade wear glasses. I hadn't really given it much attention before.

Also, despite the fact that I spent my entire childhood playing video games, and my high school years in front of a computer, I have the best eyesight in my household. A VULGAR DISPLAY OF IRONY!
Last edited by sashki at Sep 13, 2008,
yeah, been wearin them since i was 5/6 but only for TV and stuff, but gradually needed them all the time as I got older. I wear contacts though now
I'm Female! Get it right!

Quote by deathscyth76
Congratulations,Non!You've earned the Deathscyth76 medal of "Nobody knows what the F*ck your talking about!

Quote by joel_grieve
yeah but you are non. nuff said.
Wearing them since I was 3 or 4... don´t remember
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
I'm short sighted. Wore glasses from 19-22. Now I only wear contacts.
In science I looked to my left once, and every single person in my row was wearing glasses. I think like half my class wears them, I am in the top class of my year though, so maybe they just feel the need to conform to the stereotype.
7 or 8, have to wear them all the time as I'm very short-sighted. Could never be arsed to get used to contacts.
when i was 14, and u also have glasses for seeing from far away, not just small text.. and i only wear em while watching tv and computer.. so i cant answer to your poll
I need em to focus on things further away, like the board at college or the tv if its far away, so your poll fails.
Quote by Gryphon999
when i was 14, and u also have glasses for seeing from far away, not just small text.. and i only wear em while watching tv and computer.. so i cant answer to your poll

Well, consider the middle option to be for wearing glasses only in specific situations, like for TV and computer.
Ive been wearing them since i was about 6/7, mainly just for long distance, reading, using the pc and stuff like that, i dont bring them out with me, only when im at school or doing gutiar practice.
Wore specs from 13-14, then hated them and didn't use them.

Now I wear contacts for most things, I can't really see much (Ok, they aren't that bad, i'm -0.75 on both sides)
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

i got them when i was about 10. i always wear them, but i hate them.
Been wearing glasses since I was about 4 or 5 (i think). I dunno if I want contacts, I look really weird without my glasses on
Quote by seljer
I can't read anything more than 6 feet away from me without them

+1
only got them 2 years ago when i was 16
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
im long sigtd sp it had fir me tp uze thr compytr becorz i dpnt wesr glassrs

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
hellz yea, since about 3rd grade. I have to wear them all the time.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
^ they also keep cum out your eyes...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by sashki
NOTE:
Also, despite the fact that I spent my entire childhood playing video games, and my high school years in front of a computer, I have the best eyesight in my household. A VULGAR DISPLAY OF IRONY!

actually, watching tv and playing video games, even up close to the tv, will not damage your vision. your eyes may get sore, but that is due to the strain on your eye muscles.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
actually, watching tv and playing video games, even up close to the tv, will not damage your vision. your eyes may get sore, but that is due to the strain on your eye muscles.

You try telling that to any parent.

They'll tell you that video games turn kids into serial killers, and that they are a waste of time since they aren't educational anyway. And that when they were your age, they had to walk 5 miles to get to school.
Quote by sashki
You try telling that to any parent.

They'll tell you that video games turn kids into serial killers, and that they are a waste of time since they aren't educational anyway. And that when they were your age, they had to walk 5 miles to get to school.

it is an old wives' tale that tv damages your eyes. all you need to do is ask an eye doctor. what the parents dont want to happen is that the kids spend all their time watching stupid programmes. its the parents' fault for having tv's anyway.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Yes, i got glasses but i only wear them when i need em.
i.e. when i've gotta read something thats written far away. Its a little blurry n stuff.
All the time.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I never wear my glasses at school or around my friends. Just when I'm home. I'm going to have to wear them when I get older or buy contacts because my vision is getting worse.
i wear them all the time.

i dont mind it much either. i dont really notice im wearing glasses anymore since im so used to them.
last time i had my eyes tested, they said i could get glasses if i wanted to because im on the borderline of needing them. i said no. but i wish i hadn't now..
my sister needs glasses, one day when she was out, i put them on and after a while i totaly forgot i was wearing them, i could see better with them on also. please no comments on wearing my sisters things..
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Sep 13, 2008,
I even wear mine in the shower and to bed.

When I wear contact lenses, I wear an empty pair of frames to keep myself happy and institutionalized.
without them i can't see 3 feet infront of me, but i havn't worn them in 3 years..i wear contacts. so i guess i'll vote all the time.