I'm borrowing a Line 6 Spider Valve 1x12 from my local dealer, because I had to test the tubes (which are awesome by the way). After playing it for half an hour it restarted, and it kept restarting all the time. So I turned the amp off for an hour, and back on. Same thing happened after 15 minutes of playing. Now it keeps happening after 15-30 minutes all the time. I can't use it, because there is no time!

What can be causing this problem? The electronics perhaps (most definitely)?
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
My guess is its just plain screwed, take it to the shop and explain, looks like you gota faulty one, i really doubt its fixable because its not a very simple circuit., have you got a manual or anything with it you can check through.
The spider in the amp name should say alot. I think there is some sort of saying lets something about polishing ummm Ill remember eventually. Spiders are not known for reliability and adding tubes wont change that.
So...

budget?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The Spider Valve is great, try it before you talk shit about it.

My budget, if I lived in the US is probably $750. The Spider Valve is very versatile, and the tone is incredible! I need an amp that can play Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock, Metal... So I think this amp is the perfect choice for me. The dealer, who is also a good friend of mine, recommended it. He bought one himself, and use it regularly on gigs.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

There's a Spider Tube Amp? Really?

EDIT: So there is... okay, it might just be faulty. Take it in to get a once-over/fixed.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by BlisteringDDj
The Spider Valve is great, try it before you talk shit about it.

My budget, if I lived in the US is probably $750. The Spider Valve is very versatile, and the tone is incredible! I need an amp that can play Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock, Metal... So I think this amp is the perfect choice for me. The dealer, who is also a good friend of mine, recommended it. He bought one himself, and use it regularly on gigs.

Nothing wrong with a spider valve, but if it's toast, it's time for a new amp. If you want another then buy another one. See what a tech will say first, it could be fixable who knows.
Quote by gregs1020
Nothing wrong with a spider valve, but if it's toast, it's time for a new amp. If you want another then buy another one. See what a tech will say first, it could be fixable who knows.

Oh, there's a misunderstanding here! I'm borrowing the amp from the dealer. I haven't bought it yet. Just trying it out. They're closed today, that's why I'm asking here btw.
C4C
(or in my profile!)

Sorry, coffee, just kicking in now. No idea wtf is wrong with that thing.
And yes I have tried the regular spiders and the valve versions its the only amps my local store carries. Wasnt even remotely impressed. The spider sounded like a spider and the other sounded like a spider run thru a tube amp. If its a tube issue then its probably not a big deal. If its a spider issue then its not worth fixing. But as its a loaner its not your problem but I would be very wary of buying an amp that on loan from the show room has serious issues.