when i come around - green day

ok the the chords are G D E C

i assume its in G something ?
what scale should i use? just G pentatonic?
correct me if i'm wrong !

thx for your help
It's in G, but if you're going to use a pentatonic scale, use G Major Pentatonic, otherwise you'll be out of key.

Learn your pentatonic scales and your major & minor (and learn the theory behind the scales) before you start improvising.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Learn the modes, they really aren't as difficult as you might think if you hear about them the first time...
I started learning them on the 3 higher strings, by that you can also see them as shapes you can move over the fretboard.
Good luck, hf!
actually its in F#..
you play these chords on an Eb tuned guitar..
therefore on an E tuned guitar you play in F#
Hmm, I always thought it was in G, just tuned down. A couple of reasons:

1. at the end of the verse ("cuz you know where I'll be fou....nd") (or whatever the heck he's singing), you have an A chord then a C chord, that first chord sounds like an open A chord, if you were in F# that A would instead be a G# chord, which of course couldn't be played open, you'd have to use a power chord instead. Open A chord (played barreing first finger) has a very distinctive, basic, loud rock sound.

2. the "solo" (I use the term lightly, heh heh) could be played using the open G string if you were in G

-3-----------5----------
---3---3-------3---3----
-----0-----------0------
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

but obviously not in F#, you'd have to use a more unusual fingering, which isn't really his style, he's pretty basic in most ways.
Quote by Jokaaa
Learn the modes, they really aren't as difficult as you might think if you hear about them the first time...
I started learning them on the 3 higher strings, by that you can also see them as shapes you can move over the fretboard.
Good luck, hf!

This has nothing to do with modes.

The song is played like it's in G. However, due to the downtuning of the guitars, it's F#.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by guitarviz
Hmm, I always thought it was in G, just tuned down. A couple of reasons:

1. at the end of the verse ("cuz you know where I'll be fou....nd") (or whatever the heck he's singing), you have an A chord then a C chord, that first chord sounds like an open A chord, if you were in F# that A would instead be a G# chord, which of course couldn't be played open, you'd have to use a power chord instead. Open A chord (played barreing first finger) has a very distinctive, basic, loud rock sound.

2. the "solo" (I use the term lightly, heh heh) could be played using the open G string if you were in G

-3-----------5----------
---3---3-------3---3----
-----0-----------0------
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------

but obviously not in F#, you'd have to use a more unusual fingering, which isn't really his style, he's pretty basic in most ways.

the chords that are in the song is F#, C#, D#, B thats it