so, i have my new amp, a peavey classic 20, and i have my homemade cab, trouble is, the extension speaker outlet on the peavey says 16 ohm minimum load and my cabs speaker is rated at 8 ohms.

now i dont want to spend a whole bunch of money on a fancy pants 16 ohm expensive speaker, but i CAN easily come by another 8 ohm speaker, and i was just wondering, would it work if connected in series?

8 ohm+8 ohm in PARALLEL=4 ohm?
8 ohm+8 ohm in SERIES=16 ohm?

Somebody please confirm this, because i dont want to blow up my new peavey ^^
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
ya i think that works.. but shouldnt it have to be in mono or soemthing then?, im not quite too sure

and also.. whoa 16 minimum>?! thats crazy
ok thanks heaps guys, ummm one more thing, does it matter if the power rating on the speakers is different? say, one is 40 watts RMS and ones 60? im only running a 15 watt amp through it, this isnt bad right?
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
you should be fine, as long as the speakers can handle more then the amp, and the resistance of the speakers match up.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by Invader Jim
^Impedance (resistance is for DC), but yeah.

Direct Current FTW!!!
k cheers guys, and jim, hows that clay rhoads coming along?
Quote by -MintSauce-
Still planning. My bag of clay dried into a brick... It'll take awhile to soften it up. I will soak it in water for a few hours or days, then let it dry a little so it isn't all squishy.
sweet dude, next stop!! subscribe to Ceramicaster 4!! to the batmobile!! doodlegoogleyboo *screen spins*
Quote by -MintSauce-