Why is everyone hating on Dragonforce?? Discuss...
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
they dont follow up live and herman li gets too much credit

i dont midn them, but dont think theyre anything amazing
We got bored of their way-too-technical music. And live, most, if not all of their songs, would be nearly impossible.
plus thier tracks are sped up in studio.. so.. idk i think that right away looses most of my respect
Quote by qotsa1998
We got bored of their way-too-technical music. And live, most, if not all of their songs, would be nearly impossible.

I would have a hard time calling DragonForce's music technical. It's fast, and guitarfully skillful, but it's all 4-4 and has generally simple chord progressions.
_______
|||||||||||||||
seriously tho.... their just being themselves and doing wat they do...but people hate THEM becuz OTHER people give them alot of credit? specifically herman li?...u should hate the people tht do if anything.
the best thing a band can do is be themselves with their music...cuz thts wat music is...expressing YOURself...and they do a damn good job.
they dnt follow up live? for one thing if they didnt....its rather understandable...and even so ive seen quite a bit of them live and they did pretty amazing...im getting tired of tht thing against them...they play everything just like the song lmao.
and i just watched a vid and it reminded me of how high pitched thier singer is
which is kind of annoying;// but at the same time it makes dragon force.. and ****.. they may be sped up but damn there goood
Quote by dannyisokay
I would have a hard time calling DragonForce's music technical. It's fast, and guitarfully skillful, but it's all 4-4 and has generally simple chord progressions.

ypou know what he meant
.. like sweeps and stuff
/
.. i think
for me anyway, shredding bores the hell out of me
i mean, a few simple notes or chords mean so much more than a 5 minute guitar solo
i think its cos Dragonforce's music isnt about emotion, its all about shredding and being awesome at guitar
They're brilliant at their instruments, but the lack of emotion really makes them sound like shit to me
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
I used to love DragonForce, but even then, I could hardly tell the difference between just about every one of their songs I heard. If you asked me to tell which songs was "TTFatF" and which was "Operation Ground and Pound" just by sound, I probably wouldn't be able to do it.

In short, many of their songs sound the same, and as such, they bore me. Even if they didn't all sound the same, I'm not a fan of people playing as fast as they can.
Quote by leafy
for me anyway, shredding bores the hell out of me
i mean, a few simple notes or chords mean so much more than a 5 minute guitar solo
i think its cos Dragonforce's music isnt about emotion, its all about shredding and being awesome at guitar
They're brilliant at their instruments, but the lack of emotion really makes them sound like shit to me

I agree, I don't like shredding either. Also Dragonforce are cheesy as hell and I can't listen to their lyrics without bursting out laughing. I mean seriously, their new album name is so stupid, Ultra Beatdown, how much more cheesy can you get?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything