a new electric guitar for playing blues-rock. I'm just looking for some input because I honestly have no idea what to get... I don't really want to spend more than 700ish. Just kind of wondering what has a really bluesy(this word looks odd) tone/feel. THANKS!
“Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” - Bob Marley

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell" - Aldous Huxley
A Strat would a good thing for blues-rock.

How much are MIAs over there, because that would really kick ass at it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
epiphone les pauls and dot hollowbodies are good.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Epi Les Paul?
Standard Strat?
Gibson SG?

Or get something less well known but just as good:

Westone Thunder
Quote by slash4114
epiphone les pauls

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Telecasters are pretty versatile

Quote by Lil Macker
A Strat would a good thing for blues-rock.

^^^^ All good suggestions. I didn't include the dot hollowbody cus I don't know anything about it. You can't go wrong with a Strat or Tele, Epi LPs will cover the rock end no doubt, bluesy rock (stones etc.) most likely and you can use em for blues, many bluesmen do, but you won't get the classic blues sound such as SRV and other Strat users.
I play blues on both a Tele and a Dot. Both sound fantastic through my Epi Valve Junior.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Strat, Tele, Epi LP with a pickup change (or a removal of the pickup covers), Agile AL 4000/AL3000M (arguably some of the nicest guitars for the price).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Michael Kelly Patriot
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Go for a hollowbody. As long as you dont need alot of gain, and as long as you will play more blues on it than rock, it will give you exactly what you want. That rich bluesy TONE.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
g+l makes great stuff for blues/rock
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
you guys f*cking rock. thanks for all the input. keep it coming if you'd like but after looking over some things i think i might be starting to get an idea of what i'm going with.
“Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” - Bob Marley

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell" - Aldous Huxley
If you're interested in some Southern Rock too, nothing screams it louder than a Dean ML or a Caddy like this one:

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]