First of all, link to this thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956192&page=1&pp=20

The topic popped up in here (minimally) and a poster confirmed that this was so.

The Epiphone Elitist site is down now, and redirects to Epiphone's main site:

http://www.epiphone.com/elitist/

Finally, Google has not been my friend, as I cannot find any more information on this lack of Elitistism. What happened?
I bet you that the elitists have either not been selling too well or have started to compete against Gibson's Les pauls

This doesn't surprise me at all.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
id bet people were either scared off by the epiphone on the headstock for a guitar that expensive, or or like kranoscorp said, everyone realized that the elitests were as good as or beeter than the LP studios
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by kranoscorp
I bet you that the elitists have either not been selling too well or have started to compete against Gibson's Les pauls

This doesn't surprise me at all.

I doubt that. There are still a lot available at various GCs up and down the West Coast ... some for $700-800 new; so, they're probably not selling well.

I just checked a few minutes ago, all the big, online stores still carry them.

I did this before.
It's sad isn't it?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Just because they're still for sale, doesn't mean they're not discountinued. It just means they're selling off they're remaining stock.
Oh, oneblackened, I just found your thread (by going in your profile).

Yes it appears the entire Elitist line of guitars is discontinued, and stores are selling off their remaining stock. That would make the most sense. However there doesn't seem to be official word yet of what's going on so it's possible they're revamping or expanding, who knows.