Just one question...what happens if the batery in the active pickup goes dead? does it stop working, does the sound change a lot, is it just quieter? fill me in.
All of the above. I usually change my battery when the sound just doesn't sound as full anymore. It is a difference you'll notice.
Guitars are like my babies... except without that useless baby meat...
without the battery powered preamp they won't work too well. That is, except for Epiactives.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by weasel54849
Just one question...what happens if the batery in the active pickup goes dead? does it stop working, does the sound change a lot, is it just quieter? fill me in.

Generally as the battery starts to run low the tone degrades and gets quieter and when it actually runs out you don't hear anything.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.