Page 1 of 2
remember during the clean up of the aftermath of 9/11, they found that steel cross in the rubble? And everyone thought it was amazing and was like god was watching over us.

i mean, really?
Quote by Graveworm
The whole muagy thai or whatever crap is just meh to me.
Last edited by Oguchi Onyewu at Sep 13, 2008,
Not ironic, you're thinking of "moronic".
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Y'know what was more ironic? That song by Alanis Morrisette called 'Ironic' that went on about lot's of supposedly ironic stuff that weren't actualy ironic at all.
Quote by Kensai
Not ironic, you're thinking of "moronic".

f I got i right
You like it
I do believe in God, but that steel cross is complete bullshit, and I don't see why people should think it was some sort of sign. For all I know, someone can interpret that God made that crash. Stuff like this coincidental crap is all bullshit.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Y'know what was more ironic? That song by Alanis Morrisette called 'Ironic' that went on about lot's of supposedly ironic stuff that weren't actualy ironic at all.

Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Dontcha know whenever something nice happens it was God, but when something bad happens it's because God doesn't interfere with our free will?

Gosh darn I thought everyone knew that.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

now that. is ironic
Quote by Graveworm
yeah, its so bad that those people saw it as a cross, and it helped give them comfort during the most tragic time of their lives.

lets call those people idiots and morons. great idea.

Quote by daytripper75
yeah, its so bad that those people saw it as a cross, and it helped give them comfort during the most tragic time of their lives.

Way ahead of you

Seriously though, a bunch of people flies planes into two important building killing thousands of people and the first thing you think when you see two random steelbars resembling a cross is "Wow, god must be watching over us!"...?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You know what's more ironic than that? The lack of irony in your post about irony.

You know what else is more ironic than your post? Everything ever.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by SaviourMachine
But the song IS ironic due to its lack of irony...

True, but it's even more ironic that she didn't know that the song was only ironic because of it's lack of irony until it was pointed out to her.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Apparently she did that on purpose to be ironic. I think she's just an idiot.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
picture not showing...

works now...

OMG! GOD IS WATCHING!

PRAISE THE LORD-aaaahh! THE LORD IS HERE-eeeaaah!
Last edited by slayaplaya at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by JamesDouglas
Apparently she did that on purpose to be ironic. I think she's just an idiot.

Yeah, that's what she says now, but it took a long time and a hell of a lot of people debating the point, then pointing out the true irony of the song before she said it.

it's like completely screwing up, then turning around to everyone else and saying 'Deliberate mistake, just to check if you were paying attention.'
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by break-me-in
You know what's more ironic than that? The lack of irony in your post about irony.

You know what else is more ironic than your post? Everything ever.

care to look up irony in the dictionary?
"the science or study of the origin, development, organization, and functioning of human society; the science of the fundamental laws of social relations, institutions, etc."
Quote by Graveworm
Quote by Oguchi Onyewu
care to look up irony in the dictionary?
"the science or study of the origin, development, organization, and functioning of human society; the science of the fundamental laws of social relations, institutions, etc."

That's not the common definition of irony I've come across at any point in my life.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ironic

Also, I may have missed the irony because the picture isn't showing up for me, but the only way I can think of it being seriously ironic is if the cross has "666" written on it or something.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by break-me-in
That's not the common definition of irony I've come across at any point in my life.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ironic

Also, I may have missed the irony because the picture isn't showing up for me, but the only way I can think of it being seriously ironic is if the cross has "666" written on it or something.

haha i was just fukin with you, thats the definition for sociology.

i just think its ironic that people were like "god is watching over us, hooray" while the day before that same god was LITERALLY watching over us....doing nothing
Quote by Graveworm
Quote by Oguchi Onyewu
haha i was just fukin with you, thats the definition for sociology.

i just think its ironic that people were like "god is watching over us, hooray" while the day before that same god was LITERALLY watching over us....doing nothing

Oh, I see. I don't find that ironic, really. It's somewhat contradictory, I guess.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Oh, I see. I don't find that ironic, really. It's somewhat contradictory, I guess.

i guess. well me fail english school
Quote by Graveworm
Quote by Kensai
Way ahead of you

Seriously though, a bunch of people flies planes into two important building killing thousands of people and the first thing you think when you see two random steelbars resembling a cross is "Wow, god must be watching over us!"...?

If it gives them hope, who are you to damn them?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder

nothing against them, or against religion. im just pointing out how odd that is.
Quote by Graveworm
Quote by Gunpowder

No, 'damning' them for it would be to somehow ensure that they go to Hell, which really would be ironic, but pointing out an irony isn't damning anyone, it's just pointing out an irony.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
No, damning them for it would be to somehow ensure that they go to Hell, which really would be ironic, but pointing out an irony isn't damning anyone, it's just pointing out an irony.

You know exactly what he was getting at and he's right, so quit being a prick.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by SlackerBabbath
No, damning them would be ensuring that they go to hell, which really would be ironic, but pointing out an irony isn't damning anyone, it's just pointing out an irony.

For certain uses of the word "damn." Not all definitions mean "condemn to hell." This isn't irony, first of all; it's criticism. Who are you to criticize that which gives them hope, is what I'm saying.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by freedoms_stain
Dontcha know whenever something nice happens it was God, but when something bad happens it's because God doesn't interfere with our free will?

+1
Quote by daytripper75

It's ok for them to see comfort in a "23" paradigm, but honestly. Look at the situation. 3,000 or so people died. God was definitely on their side.
Like Timothy McVeigh.
(I didn't include that to be a troll, but people are quick to dismiss that McVeigh was a fundamental Christian, while at the same time never let up on associating Islam with terrorism).

And that is how you do an ironic, somewhat-objective post.

[The "23" paradigm quip is to demonstrate that any small coincidence can be misconstrued to be absolute truth, when the belief overpowers logic. As you see with the pic.]

some people lost everything that day. can you blame them for looking for a little faith?
/good samaritan
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
I thought ironic meant something was made of iron!!!!

Wonder if the @3000 people that died find any comfort in this cross COINCEDENCE??
Quote by break-me-in
You know exactly what he was getting at and he's right, so quit being a prick.

Is there any need for insults? It's a good job your not a Christian or anything otherwise it would be ironic that standard Christian teaching of turning the other cheek goes out the window when you feel your religion been insulted when in actual fact, it hasn't.

I'm just pointing out that Oguchi Onyewu hasn't criticised anyone, he's simply pointed out an irony.
It's even MORE ironic that they made a ship out of some of the melted down steel, which is now used in The War On Terror?

Thats irony.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Soooo true
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Is there any need for insults? It's a good job your not a Christian or anything otherwise it would be ironic that standard Christian teaching of turning the other cheek goes out the window when you feel your religion been insulted when it actualy hasn't.

I'm just pointing out that Oguchi Onyewu hasn't criticised anyone, he's simply pointed out an irony.

My religious stance (which by the way, is a rather uncertain one) is irrelevant. If I were a Christian, I'd tell you that everyone commits sins, and to regard the post except without the insult. If I were an atheist, the post still stands. Stop trying to distract people from the fact that you're being extremely insensitive and mouthing off about irony.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
My religious stance (which by the way, is a rather uncertain one) is irrelevant. If I were a Christian, I'd tell you that everyone commits sins, and to regard the post except without the insult. If I were an atheist, the post still stands. Stop trying to distract people from the fact that you're being extremely insensitive and mouthing off about irony.

No, you stop mouthing off about irony being insulting when it obviously isn't.

All an irony is is a social conundrum, it's a whimsical interaction of thought processes that kinda cancel each other out.
Now if the guy were to say, ''What a bunch of 'pricks' for believing in such stuff'' that would be insulting, much in the same manner as you have just acted, that would be insulting, as you have just been, but he didn't, he just simply pointed out an irony.
Just because the irony was noticed in the aftermath of a great disaster or was to do with faith, that doesn't make it insulting.

Also, if I'm not allowed to talk about irony on a thread about irony, that really would be the ultimate irony.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
No, you stop mouthing off about irony being insulting when it obviously isn't.

All an irony is a social conundrum, it's a whimsical interaction of thought processes that cancel each other out.
Now if the guy were to say, 'What a bunch of pricks for believing in such stuff' that would be insulting, much in the same manner as you have just acted, but he didn't, he just simply pointed out an irony.

Also, if I'm not allowed to talk about irony on a thread about irony, that really would be the ultimate irony.

I don't care about irony, I'm simply trying to say that you're being insensitive to those who were affected adversely by 9/11. You know that, and frankly your attempts to justify it on the basis that I'm a hypocrite (because calling you a prick is on the same level as mocking the religious beliefs that comfort those whose loved ones have died ) are despicable.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2