Ive used the guides and found a shopping list of ideal things id love, ive got £200 for the guitar. I liked the peavey rotor ex with floyd rose and alot of people recommend Ibanez RG321. I understand there will be compromising for the price.

24 frets
hot pickups
floyd rose bridge
tunomatic
Jumbo frets
thin necks
bolt on neck
200 quid or less
tremolo bar
covered humbuckers
good action

So what would you recommend i play metallica and qotsa stuff. I will probably pair it with a White Horse GT112 60W DSP Guitar Amp

thx.

On a seperate note is there such thing as a tremolo pedal which offers the control of a bar, i dont like bars really.
Wait a second, you want a Tune O Matic AND a Floyd Rose?

You can't do that, they're completley different bridges for the guitar.

And for the 'tremelo' pedal, try a Digitech whammy or something.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by DespisedIcon
Rg321.

+1, throw in new pickups later on, and you have a solid axe that will last you forever.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by kyle8407
Ive used the guides and found a shopping list of ideal things id love, ive got £200 for the guitar. I liked the peavey rotor ex with floyd rose and alot of people recommend Ibanez RG321. I understand there will be compromising for the price.

24 frets
hot pickups
floyd rose bridge
tunomatic

Jumbo frets
thin necks
bolt on neck
200 quid or less
tremolo bar
covered humbuckers
good action

So what would you recommend i play metallica and qotsa stuff. I will probably pair it with a White Horse GT112 60W DSP Guitar Amp

thx.

On a seperate note is there such thing as a tremolo pedal which offers the control of a bar, i dont like bars really.

it really seems liek you don't know much about guitars, and are just trying to get what some of your favourites use..... Try out some guitars, findout what parts they have (pickups, bridge, tuners, woods, etc..) and then make an ew list and come back and ask.
i made one mistake on a list, that doesnt mean i know nothing. Im not claiming to be knowledgeable but i read the guides put up and have a rough idea. the guide did not say a tuneomatic couldnt be part of or coupled with a floyd rose.

If you have nothing useful to say dont say it, instead of being rude.

THanks to all those so far who have helped.
The number of replies has been pathetic really.

"Try out some guitars, findout what parts they have (pickups, bridge, tuners, woods, etc..) and then make an ew list and come back and ask."

ill try them out once there recommended by people with knowledge far greater than mine, i dont mind the wood the rest i have already specified.
Last edited by kyle8407 at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by kyle8407
i made one mistake on a list, that doesnt mean i know nothing. Im not claiming to be knowledgeable but i read the guides put up and have a rough idea. the guide did not say a tuneomatic couldnt be part of or coupled with a floyd rose.

If you have nothing useful to say dont say it, instead of being rude.

THanks to all those so far who have helped.
The number of replies has been pathetic really.

"Try out some guitars, findout what parts they have (pickups, bridge, tuners, woods, etc..) and then make an ew list and come back and ask."

ill try them out once there recommended by people with knowledge far greater than mine, i dont mind the wood the rest i have already specified.

the wood is one of the biggest contributers to you guitars tone, so you should care

you could try an LTD EC 100-qm (i have one in thru black cherry and it rocks)

LTD is definately the best brand for bang for you buck.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ec-100-qm/12874

low end ibanez suck imo

also DO NOT GET A CHEAP GUITAR WITH A FLOYD ROSE they are horrible and only go out of tune and screw up the guitar.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking